GO!

Am I Overwheight?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Sushi (Never- Forgoten)

Never Forgoten

Barked: Sat Mar 1, '08 8:32am PST 
My mom thinks I'm overweight,is that true?
I'm almost 2 years old & weight 15 lbs?
Is that too much for a pug?
[notify]
♥ - ZoEY

mama's luv- puggie!!

Barked: Sat Mar 1, '08 9:22am PST 
UM did you say 15 pounds...
oh my dear I don't think so.

that is about perfect I think 18 is tops if you read about pugs...
I weigh around 25 and am on a diet.......
serious...
the vet said fat pugs...get a higher chance of getting certain illnesses and mom wants a healthy pug!
[notify]
Ming

Lover boy!

Barked: Sat Mar 1, '08 1:01pm PST 
I don't think 15 lbs is too much. I am 6 yrs old and last time I was at the vet I weighed 22 lbs. Dr. thought I was fine, but shouldn't get over 25. So, I think you are perfect?dancing
[notify]

Sushi (Never- Forgoten)

Never Forgoten

Barked: Sat Mar 1, '08 4:02pm PST 
Okay way to go Thank You Very Much!
[notify]
Fig Newton

I am a Princess!

Barked: Sat Mar 1, '08 6:03pm PST 
I don't think you seem overweight. I weigh about 16 lbs. I have seen healthy pugs that weigh 25 lbs or so, it just depends on their build. I would check in with you vet. In my experience, a vet has no problem telling you if you have a fat dog! laugh out loud
[notify]
♥Whee- zer♥

It\\\\\\\'s all- about me

Barked: Sat Mar 1, '08 8:14pm PST 
Oh ha ha...I just read dis here thing ana lets me tell you....
You ain't got nuthin over me n Raven...HO BOY!

I weigh 30lbs and Raven weighs 21lb...but mom says she is fat and needs to get down to 18lbs...BUT 15 lbs!!!! Yeah...in my moms dreams....*
laugh out loud
[notify]
♥Firs- t Lady- Bailey

Bailey Bug The- Love Pug

Barked: Sat Mar 1, '08 8:47pm PST 
Oh my pugness!!! No! You are most definitely NOT fat at all! You look beautiful and very lovely!! The average weight (and I use that term loosley...very loosley) is SUPPOSED to be between 16-18 pounds for a fixed female pug. Now I have topped the scales at 24 pounds and am down to a very svelte 20.2 pounds. I prefer to be voluptuous and LOVE it when others call me fat! Wrinkles rule!! BOL!!!

Now my stoopid brudder, Hercules...he is still recovering from knee surgery from when he was 7 months old but has really been filling out nicely in the last month, since his pins came out...he just hit 15 pounds and he is 1 1/2 almost...but the breeder (again, I use this term loosley as you can imagine) said that he was a "teacup" pug. Have you ever heard of anything so absurd as a teacup pugger?!! BOL!!!!

As long as you can see a "waist" and can feel the ribs just by running your fingers along the rib cage...all is good!!! Hope that helps!!!
[notify]
Furby

I'm- cute

Barked: Sun Mar 2, '08 2:53am PST 
I don't think you're fat.
[notify]
♥ - ZoEY

mama's luv- puggie!!

Barked: Sun Mar 2, '08 8:34am PST 
Baily bug

down to twenty pounds..woo hoo
I am so proud of you.