GO!

Just out of curiosity...

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Skeeder

Skeet-Skeet

Barked: Tue Jul 13, '10 10:14pm PST 
How many of you have a pom who has the condition called reversed sneezing?? My vet says it's pretty common in small breeds and it's pretty much a lifetime thing!
[notify]
Bodhi

Bodhi Wodhi

Barked: Thu Jul 15, '10 8:40am PST 
Bodhi does it! It sounds sometimes like he is really choked up. I think it goes hand in hand with his seasonal allergies... It definitely is weird. lol
[notify]
The Boys

The Three- Stooges.

Barked: Thu Jul 15, '10 10:58pm PST 
Angus and Loki will do it sometimes too. When it got bad during the allergy season I gave them 1/2 a Benadryl. Really helped.
[notify]

Skeeder

Skeet-Skeet

Barked: Sat Jul 17, '10 10:05am PST 
Wow, I Didn't realize allergies had anything to do with it...it's good to know smile
[notify]
The Boys

The Three- Stooges.

Barked: Sat Jul 17, '10 6:05pm PST 
Sometimes yes sometimes no. Angus also does it when he runs around playing to much.
[notify]
Lucky (RIP- 1/23/10- 2/1/14)

Treat? Where?- OOH! TOYS!!

Barked: Mon Jul 19, '10 10:58pm PST 
does this sound resemble anything like vomiting? my dog makes this weird noise like that hes gonna puke and i freak and cage him just in case! cus he has eaten stuff and done that but mose of the time he doesnt!
[notify]
Skeeder

Skeet-Skeet

Barked: Tue Jul 20, '10 11:42am PST 
It can resemble gagging. The dog will stand with his legs slightly apart and he will extend his next with every gasps. It looks scary! At first I thought that maybe Skeeder had drank his water too fast and that he was kind of choking. It became more frequent seeming like after everytime he drank so that's when I brought him to the vet to find out it's normal in small breeds. Who would have thoughtconfused.
[notify]
Lucky (RIP- 1/23/10- 2/1/14)

Treat? Where?- OOH! TOYS!!

Barked: Tue Jul 20, '10 10:05pm PST 
WOW!Yep That sounds exactly like what my Lucky does! and here i was thinking he ate yet another nasty bug!! laugh out loud
[notify]
Nicky

bitches love- pantaloons

Barked: Wed Jul 21, '10 1:22pm PST 
Yes, Nicky does that. Mostly due to overexertion, but this summer he has been having bad episodes for no reason. I thought maybe it was the heat agitating it, but it has been really muggy so it's possible allergies may be the culprit. I'll have to try Benedryl.
He also does that if he is laying flat on his back like this with the head flat against the floor. If his head is turned to the side like this he is fine. Every once and a while he lays flat so I have to turn him a bit to prevent that from happening.
[notify]
Nikki

Everyone I Meet- Is My New Best- Friend

Barked: Tue Aug 31, '10 1:16am PST 
My Nikki has the same problem. Very scary until I found out what it was. I got some tips from my vet, and the one that always seems to work is to get her to swallow. A little water, or just about anything she can lick off my finger will usually cause her to swallow. Luckily, she's a pretty smart puppy and made the connection quickly. Now she almost always swallows on her own and stops it quickly. It's never happened with my little Bear.
[notify]