GO!

A Reminder To EVERYONE Here!

This is the place to talk about anything and everything dog related going on where you are or where you've been with your best furiend! All those who enjoy taking their dogs out gather here to share info on local dog-friendly places and find out about meet ups with other dog owners in your area! Check out Dogster Local for pet-friendly products and services in your neighborhood!

(Page 4 of 4: Viewing entries 31 to 40)  
1  2  3  4  
Brutus

Tennis ball,- tennis ball,- tennis ball...

Barked: Sun Aug 15, '10 10:07am PST 
Sorry, this doesn't have much to do with anything about the meet up discussion, but what does "bump" mean? I see a lot of Dogsters saying it in Forums! laugh out loud I don't know what it means!
[notify]
Yoshi

XD

Barked: Sun Aug 15, '10 3:43pm PST 
Oh I am so glad this has been bumped up again. Unfortunately I was young and stupid when I first joined dogster and catster and didn't know any better. Thank dog nothing bad ever happened to me, but it could've. I am actually in the process of working on an upcoming project. I am planning to write a book to educate kids about online safety and how making "relationships" over the internet is not a good idea. My book is gonna be a teen mystery, and the characters will all be ficticious, but the story will be based on what happened to me. I plan to start writing in January 2011, so you can look forward to my story then. I am hoping it will have a positive influence on the younger generation.
[notify]
Brutus

Barked: Sun Aug 15, '10 6:11pm PST 
Thats sounds like it would be an amazing book, Yoshi!

Edited by author Sun Aug 15, '10 6:12pm PST

[notify]

Natcho

LabraDORK

Barked: Sun Aug 15, '10 7:42pm PST 
How not making relation over the internet is bad?
But don't you have online friends too? laugh out loud
[notify]
Yoshi

XD

Barked: Sun Aug 15, '10 10:19pm PST 
Yeah but friendships and relationships are 2 entirely different things Honey. A relationship is a lifetime commitment. BOL I'm too tired to explain right now. It's practically 1 AM, XD.
[notify]
Brutus

Barked: Mon Aug 16, '10 7:25am PST 
I know what you mean Yoshi. Stil trying to figure out what "Bump" means.. could someone tell me that? BOL! laugh out loud
[notify]
Yoshi

XD

Barked: Mon Aug 16, '10 4:04pm PST 
It means that the thread has been revisitted after a long period of time big grin.
[notify]
Sabre

All the snow- belongs to me...

Barked: Mon Aug 16, '10 4:38pm PST 
people bump a thread to push it to the top, if they haven't gotten a response or they want to bring it back to the forefront again so that people will respond
[notify]
Sheeba

Always remember- the 7th of Feb- 2009 â

Barked: Tue Aug 17, '10 8:06am PST 
BUMP stands for bring up my post. Internet safety is very important. I talk to about 3 dogsters daily and I have talked to them for around 3 years now, I trust them and I talk to one on the phone (It took allot of trust before exchanging numbers) and it's funny how much we ave in common, another dogster I exchange gifts with. I also don't post pictures of me and Sheeba on any sites except private ones. Stay safe pups!
[notify]
Pooch ~ I- miss you ~

love forever

Barked: Thu Oct 7, '10 7:12pm PST 
I don't think it is a problem to meet up with people provided you are careful such as:

-Meet in a public place
-Tell people where you are going or bring a friend or family member with you (or bring a parent if you are under 18)
-Don't give out your address/personal info (school/work info, schedule etc)
-Take everything with a grain of sand (you can never know for sure if someone is telling the truth or not!)
-Never get in a vehicle with someone you don't know well
[notify]
  (Page 4 of 4: Viewing entries 31 to 40)  
1  2  3  4