GO!

A Reminder To EVERYONE Here!

This is the place to talk about anything and everything dog related going on where you are or where you've been with your best furiend! All those who enjoy taking their dogs out gather here to share info on local dog-friendly places and find out about meet ups with other dog owners in your area! Check out Dogster Local for pet-friendly products and services in your neighborhood!

(Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  
Sandy(In- Loving- Memory)

Jan 1997- May- 2010♥-

Barked: Tue Dec 22, '09 2:08pm PST 
Sorry if I ruin the fun of this thread but I'm just giving a friendly warning.
Remember that Dogster is part of the internet and even though MOST pups on this site are friendly, some of them aren't. Be careful who you meet up and where.
To those you who are young ,like me, in my opinion I think it's best if you go to these meet ups with a responsible adult.
There has been several stories on the news lately about people who go to meet ups with people from the internet and bad stuff happens to them.
If you are going to meet up and don't take a responsible adult take it somewhere like a dog park where there is plenty of people there, just to be safe, don't go anywhere stupid like a field at the back of your house where hardly anyone goes.

Sorry if I have spoiled the fun, but not everything on the internet is fun and games ESPECIALY if you decide to meet up with them. There are dangerous people like there, so please be careful.

Once again sorry to ruin the fun.
Stay safe Dogsters.
[notify]
Natcho

LabraDORK

Barked: Tue Dec 22, '09 6:23pm PST 
I've met a Dogster, but it was in a dog park, and my dad was there.way to go
[notify]

Barked: Tue Dec 22, '09 6:56pm PST 
Thanks for posting this honey. I could not agree more. Dogster, catster, and chat rooms are no different. Although HQ does their best to protect everypup, this is still the internet after all, and unfortunately there are creeps out there. Yes 99% of dogsters and catsters are nice, but at the end of the day, it is still someone typing who you can't see and you know nothing about. And, for you young girls out there, please avoid making relationships over the internet.
[notify]

Buddy , ^_^

dogis a- nicerpersonthan- an averageperson

Barked: Wed Dec 23, '09 1:20am PST 
Yeah... there've been so many anonyamous messages with perverted/mean messages on here
[notify]
Squ'mey

too old to eat- any more KD

Barked: Wed Dec 23, '09 9:54am PST 
Guest, what a timely warning! I work in child/teen mental health & unfortunately have seen the results firsthand. One 15 yr old girl invited a *16 yr old boy* to her house when her parents were not home. Turned out to be a 40+ man. Long story short---drugged, assaulted & PTSD!! This girl will never be the same again. Not to be a downer, but BE CAREFUL!! Thank you OP for posting this.
[notify]

Barked: Thu Dec 24, '09 7:41am PST 
Buddy, please report it to HQ. This is a no no.

Squmy, p-mail on the way.
[notify]
Sandy(In- Loving- Memory)

Jan 1997- May- 2010♥-

Barked: Mon Dec 28, '09 12:50pm PST 
I think we should keep this bumpred up
[notify]
Pita, NPC

Pain In The A**

Barked: Tue Dec 29, '09 7:00pm PST 
You all make great points!

Along with Sandy's advice to take someone with you and meet the person in a populated public place, you should always let someone else know:
-where you are going
-who you are meeting
-when you expect to be home

I've met some Dogsters in person, and they're all good people (and I've gotten to be great friends with a few) but it's always better to be safe than sorry.
[notify]

Barked: Wed Dec 30, '09 8:18pm PST 
And remember to bring your cell phones with you too.
[notify]
Beanster, CD, RN, CGC

We don't - doodle!!!

Barked: Fri Jan 1, '10 5:02am PST 
A real life warning... for some reason Beanie has been picked by a pervert and receives disgusting, sexual comments on his diaries on a fairly regular basis. I have reported this to headquarters, we have stopped accepting comments, yet it still continues. HQ is doing their best, but the poster uses different IP addresses each time. Now I just delete the comments and go on with life, but it does show how sick people can be. Good reminder, Sandy!!!!
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4