GO!

New Grooming Salon-AMAZING -The Groove Hound, Philadelphia

This is the place to talk about anything and everything dog related going on where you are or where you've been with your best furiend! All those who enjoy taking their dogs out gather here to share info on local dog-friendly places and find out about meet ups with other dog owners in your area! Check out Dogster Local for pet-friendly products and services in your neighborhood!

Cova

Barked: Tue Mar 17, '09 4:38am PST 
Took my dog to a new grooming salon called The Groove Hound in Fishtown. The owner of the salon was amazing with my dog, and with the others that I saw her working with in her shop.

Prices, with how the economy is right now, were really really reasonable compared to other places i've been to. Adorable little shop-great feel and something i just felt really compelled to write a good review, recommendation on.

If you are in/around/near Philly take your dog there....

The Groove Hound
2236 Frankford Ave
267-909-9162
[notify]
Rocky

Barked: Mon May 4, '09 7:32pm PST 
The Groove Hound wasn't all its cracked up to be. Very small, smelled bad, and was dirty. I know animals can be messy but this place was horrible. I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone. Cheap prices, mean cheap service. Spend the extra and get your pet pampered.
[notify]
Nicky

Barked: Fri Jun 12, '09 10:19am PST 
the groove hound was great!
to address the negative review below-are you sure we are talking about the same place? sure, it was small-but cute and cozy. and no-it didn't smell like a perfume shop-it smelled like an animal grooming salon. were you expecting anything else?
anyway-enough of that! nicky LOVES it here. he is always treated well, his cuts are fantastic and he comes back smelling better than ever before!
the owner is so great with animals, and extremely knowledgeable. prices are fair as well.
nicky and i can't wait to go back again.
[notify]

kirby

KIRB APPEAL

Barked: Thu Aug 19, '10 1:03am PST 
Christina Thompson really disappointed. i made an appt to take my dog on tues. A message was left on my vm asking if i could come in earlier since someone canceled. I was at an appt. all morning so didn't get the message til around 11 30. i called but got an answering machine. I drove all the way back from the suburbs where i was housesi...tting to take my dog in and arrived at my original appt time 12 30, just to find out they were closed. It's not like you asked me to reschedule when you called the first time which would have been better then me driving from Bryn Mawr to Fishtown and wasting gas. Not to mention when you called to explain why you just basically said you wanted to leave early cause some one canceled. Never again.
[notify]