GO!

Why won't my ears stand up?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Wilson

Crazy Corgi

Barked: Mon Apr 20, '09 10:24am PST 
Wilson is already 6 months old and his ears still haven't stood up. There are pictures of him from when he was younger and they were fully folded but now they stick out strangely. Is there any way to help them stick up or will they just naturally go up eventually?
[notify]
Tango

just a goofy boy

Barked: Wed Jul 8, '09 5:35pm PST 
I dont think they will stand at this point.
[notify]
Ein,- Einstein

OMG your tall!!!

Barked: Sun Sep 6, '09 2:35am PST 
the puppy pics are soooo cute! I wish I could have seen Ein as a puppy. I met another corgi the other day who had one ear up and the other folded over.
[notify]

Turtle

Large and in- charge

Barked: Thu Nov 19, '09 11:02am PST 
Thor's ears flopped backward for at least the frist 7 months. The vet said they may or may not ever stand up right. Eventually they just did.

Edited by author Thu Nov 19, '09 11:02am PST

[notify]
Sandy Baby- ♥

I may look- little, but I'm- ALL dog!

Barked: Sun Jan 3, '10 4:56pm PST 
I don't know, Tango. Sandy's ears were floppy when we got her. She was at least 5 months then, at most 6. And then they were floppy for about two or three months after that! Occasionally one would stand, but then it would flop back over. She was the silliest looking dog.

They finally did stand up, though. Some dogs are just cursed with floppy ears for the first several months of their life. laugh out loud

Edited by author Sun Jan 3, '10 4:56pm PST

[notify]
Zeny

Rub My Belly!!

Barked: Sun Feb 7, '10 5:05pm PST 
My corgi Zeny is two years old. One of her ears has been floppy her whole life! There are times when she is very alert and they will both be up for a few minutes, or when she is exhausted from playing they will both flop. My older Corgi has had straight ears since she was little...
[notify]
Cocoa

The Three Kinds- of Chocolate

Barked: Mon Apr 26, '10 2:20pm PST 
Zeny, I get you. My dog, Cocoa's ears have been kept down for 2 years now!
[notify]