GO!

How do you deal with all the shedding?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  
Chester

Barked: Tue Jun 19, '07 6:20am PST 
Has anyone tried any nutritional supplements that reduce shedding? Our Corgi also seems to have very dry skin....constantly scratching (or trying to scratch with those short little legs) and dropping hair everywhere. It's driving me bonkers.
[notify]
Winnie

Anything you can- do I can do- cuter!

Barked: Fri Jun 22, '07 9:20pm PST 
Have you tried the Furminator? I've heard it can do miracles with shedding! I'm actually going to get one for Winnie tomorrowbig grin
[notify]
Queenie- Gismo

Barked: Sun Jun 24, '07 6:47am PST 
what are you feeding? The canidae reduced gizzys shedding a bit and made her skin much nicer.
[notify]

Timmy

BALL, Throw the- BALL

Barked: Sun Jun 24, '07 11:07am PST 
I think shedding is what mom learned most about when looking for a corgi. Every breeder and owner talked about the shedding. The furminator has helped a lot, mom secretly loves it.

Queenie had a good point on diet though. that can really make a difference, especially if your coat is dry and skin itchy. Maybe you have an allergy to certain things in your food. Might have your mom check with other owners and they can recommend specific supplements or other foods. Mom feeds me a rotational diet of premium foods and now she has started adding the "no grain" foods. My coat has always been soft, shiny and thick, even though I get monthly baths for the therapy visits I do.

If you have specific questions pmail me

Timmy kisses

Good luck
[notify]
Daisy

The little- digger

Barked: Sun Jun 24, '07 12:20pm PST 
We use the Furmenator and love it. It works wonders.
[notify]
Bernice- "Bernie" - Brisen CGC

Cute Corgi- Attack!

Barked: Thu Aug 9, '07 1:46pm PST 
Mom uses a Kong Zoom Groom on me when she bathes me. She has been looking into the furminator but they are so expensive! Might be worth it to give her Dyson a break.
[notify]
Tucker, CGC,- NA, NAJ

Running with the- Big Dogs!

Barked: Fri Aug 31, '07 12:20pm PST 
I swore bu the furminator but I have to tell you, that Zoom Groom is great! A heck of a lot cheaper than the Furminator.

I have a Dyson with some great attachments but I still threw in the towel this summer and put sheets over the furniture. Too tired of vacuming corgi fur off the furniture.
[notify]
Callie

"Callie,- trekkin' the- trails!"

Barked: Mon Sep 3, '07 7:56pm PST 
I'm new here and don't know about the Furminator or the Kong thing, but I just went to Petsmart and picked up what's called a "shedding blade"-it really helps gets the undercoat de-fluffed! smile
[notify]
Tango

just a goofy boy

Barked: Fri Sep 14, '07 4:10am PST 
We call it "tumbleweeds" and bought beige/black/grey furniture so it blends in. laugh out loud
[notify]
Vienna

me hump you only

Barked: Fri Sep 21, '07 6:23am PST 
Another gadget that we use is the roomba! There are newer models that are design for pets! it cuts down the frequency of vaccuming in between. I used to be scare of the roomba, but now i won't even move when it bumps my butt!
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3