GO!

Papillons vs. Pomeranians Question!

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Higgens

Higgens -

Barked: Thu Jan 29, '09 2:53pm PST 
Hi everyone! I have a question if anyone can help. I have always owned Pomeranians and always will. Some day I would like to add a Papillon to the pack. So I am wondering...
1) Has anyone in this group ever owned a Pomeranian? If so how are they different from Papillons?
2) Has anyone ever owned a Pom and a Papillon together? If so did they mesh well? I do plan on also researching the breed but would like to get some personal opinions. Thank you for your help. God Bless ~ Trish
[notify]
Kali

5lbs of Attitude

Barked: Tue Feb 3, '09 9:07pm PST 
I have a pom (13) & a papillon (3). My pom has never met a stranger & is more
tolerant of being picked up, petted & handled by others. The pap is more standoffish until she really gets to know someone, then she likes curling up with you or coming over to be petted but won't let anyone but me pick her up and can dance circles around anyone who tries.
The pom seems more tolerant of children, my pap doesn't handle them well at all. There were more health problems with the pom when he was younger (hypoglycemia) and the grooming is definitely
a bigger issue. Jack has a very thick dense coat, Kali's
is long & finer & easier to groom. Kali is also a much better listener. And they get along wonderfully together.
[notify]