GO!

What is with the raised paw?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Bisou CGC- TDI

Boney Baloney- Face

Barked: Fri Feb 22, '08 1:13pm PST 
Bisou always sits with one paw in the air. I have seen many pics of Paps with a raised foot. What is the deal?
[notify]
Boston

King of- everything

Barked: Fri Feb 22, '08 4:26pm PST 
Hmmm not sure. Daisy doesnt do this. Boston does though but only after he broke his leg. But I was told most dogs with broken legs after they heal will always do this. But I dont think that is what you are talking about so not sure.
[notify]
Kujo

Kujo Padfoot the- Vicious, CGC

Barked: Fri Feb 22, '08 8:43pm PST 
My Papillon does this ALL THE TIME. In fact, his main profile pic and his forum icon both show him doing this.

I think it's just a breed trait that hits some Papillons and not others- like Bichons doing the JR thing, where they kind of dance with their front paws, you know? (I have a video of another Papillon doing that, too!)

But yeah, I don't think there's anything wrong with the pup, it's just a quirk. My Kujo does it so much that my friends joke about me having a three-legged dog.
[notify]

Sawyer

Sawyer the- Warrior

Barked: Tue Feb 26, '08 11:37pm PST 
i don't know why papillons do it, sawyer does it and my mom thinks it's the cutest thing ever
[notify]
Heidi CGC

Play Play Play

Barked: Thu Feb 28, '08 6:04pm PST 
My mom thinks it’s really cute when I do it, and people always comment on it. By the way Sawyer we have the same leash that you have on in your pictures
[notify]
Gray Dawn- Treader

Don\\\'t Tread- on me

Barked: Fri Mar 14, '08 1:12pm PST 
I don't do it all the time, but sometimes.smile
[notify]
Charlie

Sorry Charlie!

Barked: Thu May 1, '08 3:02am PST 
Charlie does it all the time. I tell him he doesn't look like a man-dog when he does it. =D
[notify]
Andi

It's all about- meeeee!

Barked: Mon May 26, '08 9:41am PST 
I do this too! It's the cutest ever! My mom has FINALLY figured out why I do it though.. surprise! I love my little pappy armpits scratched!

I come over to mom, raise my little paw and she scratches my wittle pitties until my eyes droop and I almost fall into a love coma. BOL!

Darnit I'm cute!
[notify]
Barkley - Never- Forgotten

Is there cheese?

Barked: Thu Aug 21, '08 6:06pm PST 
I do this! I never thought that other paps might do it, too!
[notify]
Toby

Mama's Boy!

Barked: Fri Aug 22, '08 6:24am PST 
hahaha... Toby does this too. He even does a weird little march when he wants to play. He raised one paw at a time. I love it!!!!
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2