GO!

Are Papillons Lap Dogs?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

(Page 2 of 3: Viewing entries 11 to 20)  
1  2  3  
Tyler

Barked: Fri Feb 22, '08 10:31am PST 
I, too, have heard that some paps are not laps dogs, but Ty most assuredly IS a lap dog. He likes nothing better than to curl up on my lap and snooze. In fact, he craves contact. He will ask to be picked up, and loves to be carried around the house in my arms. At night, he goes to great length to make a "nest" in the covers at the foot of the bed, only to abandon it after a few minutes because he con't stand not to be in actual contact with me, and he moves up to snuggle in my arms. wink

He is a neutered male, and I have heard from reputable sources that males are more likely to be affectionate on a regular basis than females. But whatever the reason, I truly couldn't ask for a more stable and loveable temperament.
[notify]
Kujo

Kujo Padfoot the- Vicious, CGC

Barked: Fri Feb 22, '08 12:05pm PST 
My Kujo is DEFINITELY a lap dog- but only with certain people of his choosing. He LOVES to snuggle with me and my dad 24-7, but when my mom tries to hold him, he wiggles up a storm! He's friendly with everybody, but he picks and chooses his lap-dog candidates, much like a friendly cat would.

So yeah, it really depends on the individual dog. But I love my Kujo, I'll always have Papillons no matter what other breeds I decide to try! They're like popcorn- if I didn't live in an apartment with a pet limit, I would get another Papillon straight-away!
[notify]
Genie

Queen of not- knowing how to- play

Barked: Sat Feb 23, '08 9:33am PST 
Yes defintly lap dogs (genie was supposed to be a show dog but the origsnsl breeder thought she had bad knees and she doesnt know how to play)
[notify]

Rosa

wanted toy thief

Barked: Wed Mar 5, '08 1:58pm PST 
Rosa is another lap dog for sure. She'll stay perfectly still like a statue as long as you pet and hold her, even with children. She also loves baths and being groomed for this reason, and always cooperates exceptionally well.
[notify]
Gray Dawn- Treader

Don\\\'t Tread- on me

Barked: Thu Apr 3, '08 1:49pm PST 
Treader loves to be on your lap. When you sit down he will sit at your feet and look up at you like "Can I PLEASE PLEASE come up on your lap?" If you ignore he sometimes he will jump up anyway and sometime he will just walk off. If you see "up!" then he will jump up.
[notify]
Kimimela- "Mila"- Jenkins

I am small but- MIGHTY!

Barked: Fri May 9, '08 9:06am PST 
I'd have to agree from reading everyone's posts that it seems male Paps show their affection more than females. My Mila is 110% loyal to me and my bf. We can't leave a room without her getting up to follow us. She absolutely loves us. It is especially noticeable when we come home. She goes nuts! But, I would not consider her a lap dog. Although, when she wants to lay down and relax she has to be with me or my bf, she is not a cuddler. She much rather lay at our feet, or just near us. She does like to stay in contact with us though. She put her head on our feet at night, and very rarely she will come and lay next to our side. I've woken up at times to find her next to my head on my pillow on occasion! She is the nice in between I think. She doesn't mind being held, but would much rather walk. She's super sweet with us, but doesn't crave attention. We love her amzing little personality!
[notify]
Gray Dawn- Treader

Don\\\'t Tread- on me

Barked: Tue May 13, '08 3:32pm PST 
If I'm nervous or I don't have a comfortable place to lay down when I'm tied up, I insist on being on my mistress's lap. If I can't get to her lap, I will whine and whine like a baby until I can.
[notify]

I am small but- MIGHTY!

Barked: Tue May 13, '08 4:26pm PST 
Well, it seems I may have posted my response too soon. Mila lately has seemed to become MUCH more affectionate. She used to only sleep at our feet in bed and now she insists on climbing up either on my pillow or in between my bf and me so she can be as close to us as possible. And she loves to cuddle a lot more now when we are all just hanging around the house. So, I guess, yes....Papillions can DEFINITELY be little lap dogs....when they feel like it!
[notify]
Andi

It's all about- meeeee!

Barked: Mon May 19, '08 9:22am PST 
My Andi came to live with me this weekend. She's the first Pappy I've had. I did not expect her to be a lapdog, but she is!! Or rather a next to my lap, lapdog. She wants to be right next to me, pulled in tight under my arm or against my leg. She's the most amazing little companion with the most perfect little manners! And smart.. scary smart! LOL. I mostly wanted to say hi to other pap parents! smile
[notify]

I am small but- MIGHTY!

Barked: Mon May 19, '08 7:50pm PST 
Congrats Andi on your new home! I know you will charm your new parents so well!!! Looks like your already on your way! And for the record, Mila is the same way. ALWAYS has to be laying right next to us, or at least at our feet and touching us.
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 3: Viewing entries 11 to 20)  
1  2  3