GO!

Dag Park Behavior

This is the place for pups to exchange ideas and information about a variety of dog-related topics. Don't furget that there are many great resources on Dogster such as Dogster Answers and Dogster Blogs!

(Page 8 of 8: Viewing entries 71 to 77)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  
Sterling

Yes, I am the- Center of the- Universe

Barked: Tue May 31, '05 8:01pm PST 
And a woof to you, Shakespeare! smile I agree ... for us, at least, the dog park is a wonderful thing. And the benefits definitely outweigh the risks. Sterling actually gets depressed if he misses a dog park session.

Jordan, it may be the Rat Terrier personality that you object to. Goodness knows, Sterling can be a whole lot of dog in a little package. smile For instance, he'd be more likely to run up and body slam you to ask if you want to play than to politely walk up and sniff your rear end.

The Basenjis at our dog park seem more aloof than Sterling, even though, except for their tails, they look a lot alike. Once Sterling's talked one of them into playing though, Basenjis are his absolute favorite! They'll run, and run, and run, just like Sterling. He thinks Pharaoh Hounds are pretty great too, for that reason. smile
[notify]
----Jordan--- --

Sweet & gentle- rabble rouser

Barked: Tue May 31, '05 8:42pm PST 
Shakespeare,

'from this thread I wouldn't blame a new dog owner for not wanting to go to one!'.

That's how I felt just getting involved in this thread, lol!

Just because something could happen doesn't mean it will or ever will but it's still something to talk about. Think you'll see most of what I say comes from a having a small, young, maybe vulnerable maybe not dog. That's why there are more cautionaries.

Cheyenne, damn, that's what it was! the freaking tail!

Sterling, you're right about aloof Basenjis but they have a little glimmer of humour in their eyes, that's what I like, character...Shiba Inus are similar in that way.

How would we get to know all these different kinds of dogs without the dog park??
[notify]
----Jordan--- --

Sweet & gentle- rabble rouser

Barked: Tue May 31, '05 9:09pm PST 
'That's how I felt just getting involved in this thread' - By that I meant I got nervous about going to the parks. Not that I don't like chatting with you guys. smile
[notify]

Cheyenne- Moon

Live, love and- play

Barked: Wed Jun 1, '05 7:29am PST 
We Basenjis are an aloof bunch, but once you befriend us, we are buddies for life. Running is a favorite pastime, so I'm sure Sterling has tons of fun with them. They say Shibus are Basenjis with fur, or if a Shibu owner that Basenjis are Shibus without.
[notify]
Cheyenne- Moon

Live, love and- play

Barked: Wed Jun 1, '05 7:35am PST 
I love being at the dog park and outrunning all the bigger dogs. They can never keep up with me or turn on a dime like I can. They eat my dust....Marlowe included. I couldn't have that kind of fun anywhere else!
[notify]
Shakespeare

Bringin' Sexy- Back!

Barked: Wed Jun 1, '05 7:50am PST 
Finally we're talkign about the good stuff.
We should start a whole new thread where we share the GOOD stories about dog parks.
[notify]
Cheyenne- Moon

Live, love and- play

Barked: Wed Jun 1, '05 8:09am PST 
A" What I Love About Dog Parks" I love it.....you had the idea, why not start it with one of your fun experiences and we can go from there!
[notify]
  (Page 8 of 8: Viewing entries 71 to 77)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8