GO!

The Soundtrack of Your Dog's Life

This is the place for pups to exchange ideas and information about a variety of dog-related topics. Don't furget that there are many great resources on Dogster such as Dogster Answers and Dogster Blogs!

Opheila

It ain't over- till the fat- kitty sings

Barked: Tue Mar 12, '13 6:33pm PST 
Another thought into our dog's personalities...you know how there is some music that just pops in your head watching them sleep, watching them play, even watching them eat-the perfect soundtrack for a video of them maybe what they would have on their Ipods as humans...
Sophie would have:
Walking on Sunshine-Katrina and the Waves
That song had to be written about dogs
Long Hard Ride-Marshall Tucker
Sophie off leash racing through the nature reserve
Weather Report/Jan Hammer
Classic Fushion for a long walk on a dark night
Sister Golden Hair-America
Sophie's love song

Callie on the other hand:
I Feel Good-James Brown
The essential Callie song-I think he'd sing like JB
Anything by the Blues Brothers
YEAH-Usher
Leonard Cohen
For the emo side of himself that's hiding in there
Baby, I Need Your Lovin
His love song for Sophie and me

And your dog???happy dancehappy dancesnoopyhappy dancesnoopydogsnoopyhappy dancehappy dance

Edited by author Wed Mar 20, '13 10:06pm PST

[notify]
Augusta,- CGC, RN

Such a Good Dog!

Barked: Tue Mar 12, '13 7:53pm PST 
Too many, and I have ipod playlists named for Gus, esp. when we did the dancing with dogs class . . .laugh out loud

Her movie theme on my page is "Fistful of Dollars" a dramatic spaghetti western which fits the montage from speed to chillin' on the couch.

Others, "You are my Sunshine" which I change to "You are my Dogshine"
"Somewhere" from Westside Story

"More" by Bobby Darin

"Woolly Bully" Sam the Sham

"Sing, sing, sing" for her full speed, crazy-legged runs and jukes around the park. She'd definitely be a swing dancer vs. a ballet dancer . . . .laugh out loud

And one of my favorites--the one I used for our dance routine, "Star of the County Down" Van Morrison with the Chieftains--the rhythm fits her lively celtic heritage, a song about a lovely, charming, head-turning lassie . . .cloud 9
[notify]
Hucky and- Ringo

Barked: Wed Mar 13, '13 9:34am PST 
I could think of a bunch of songs, but if I had to pick just one to describe their bio-movie theme it would be....
Huck.... Bad to the bone
Ringo... Born to be wild

Edited by author Wed Mar 13, '13 9:36am PST

[notify]

Fox

Barked: Sat Mar 16, '13 3:45pm PST 
All my dogs have songs. Fox is the only one that has an actual soundtrack.

We're pretty sure, as far as her personal preferences go, she's way into AC/DC, The Who (specifically "Who Are You?" which she sings to), and anything in the background of a wrestling match. She comes over for the music and stays to watch the fight.

Her soundtrack includes (but is not limited too):
Up Jumped the Devil - Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds
How Soon is Now? - The Smiths
Behind Blue Eyes - The Who

Ember's theme song is Devil Bunnies by Thrill Kill Kult. She doesn't seem to care much about music in general, but does get annoyed by anything particularly loud, feedback, and distortion.

Vance's theme song was Sexy Back by Justin Timberlake, based on his obvious high opinion of himself and his preference for bitches that responded to his advanced by snapping in his face. He himself liked to sing to Peter Murphy (specifically Cuts You Up) and preferred listening to country music, especially smoother stuff like Zac Brown Band. Anything too bass-y, distorted or heavy/broken in rhythm pissed him off - I actually completely stopped listening to KMFDM for a long time on his account.

I'm basing this off their reactions to said music... I've always wanted to teach a dog how to change radio stations or play lists and see what (if anything) they picked.
[notify]
Liam

Lil Country Boy

Barked: Mon Mar 18, '13 7:21am PST 
Liam would have to be Breaking Benjamin - Dance with the devil, Imagine Dragons - Radioactive, and Blake shelton - kiss my country arse

Dunno bout tuarwen xD Probably celtic music or soft music.
[notify]
Koby

I'm a big brat- and I don't care- :)

Barked: Wed Mar 20, '13 5:57pm PST 
I think the sound track that would fit Koby's life would be Circus clown music. big laugh
[notify]

Barked: Fri Mar 22, '13 12:37am PST 
My other dog just loves to bark and play along to the song Starships by Nicki Minaj. It's really funny because she's got some of her own 'steps'. It's so cute. laugh out loud
[notify]
Thor

Hump Hump

Barked: Tue Mar 26, '13 4:42pm PST 
When Thor was young , the best song would be...thinkingthinking
Iron Man - Black Sabbath

But now it would be...When I'm Sixty Four - The Beatles.....laugh out loudlaugh out loud

Hugs & Farts
Ye Old Thor...wave
[notify]
Milton

Im just a little- guy

Barked: Thu Mar 28, '13 11:47pm PST 
As a rat dawg, Milton's song is "Rat Fink" the Misfits version. I call him Rat Fink cause he has bad teeth and bulging eyes like Rat Fink. Rat Fink ya ya ya ya ya Rat Fink ya ya ya ya, R-a-t F-i-n-k, rat fink! Ya ya ya ya ya. He looks like a hot rod monster when he stands on the center console on my truck.

Must not forget George Clinton's Atomic Dog, that song is for all dawgs. Street dawgs, house dawgs dogs of the world unite. Atomic Dog! Bow wow wow wippy yo yippy yay! Milton chases cats that run from him.
[notify]