GO!

Do you and your dog look alike?

This is the place for pups to exchange ideas and information about a variety of dog-related topics. Don't furget that there are many great resources on Dogster such as Dogster Answers and Dogster Blogs!

Kip & Oogie

Goof Fox & Diva- Squirrel

Barked: Sun Apr 1, '12 2:15pm PST 
I’m sure most of you have heard that saying that dogs and owners resemble one another at one point in your lives, and many of you probably remember this dogfood ad that played on that.

So, what do you think? Have people told you that your dog looks like you? Do you think you and your dog look alike?

I’ve heard it several times before -“You and your dogs match!” And it’s true- Though I feel the “resemblance” is more striking between me and Kip than me and Oogie. I think anyone that saw either of them and then saw me would be able to guess based on looks alone that they are mine though smile

My hair is long and naturally strawberry blonde, and both of my pups (especially Kip) have a lot of that particular reddish golden blonde tone in their fur. Kip’s ear and tail fringe also happens to be very long and straight- quite similar to my hair’s texture. Kip and I both have green eyes and Oogie has hazel eyes- Our colors are definitely “matchy” for sure! Plus Kip is a really long-legged lanky thing much like myself. This is not the best photo but you can kind of see the color similarity in our hair.

I’m sure it’s a totally random thing and some dogs and owners look alike while just as many don’t. But I can think of a good number of neighbors, friends, and family who share physical characteristics (hair color/texture, eye color, and/or body type/build) with their 4-legged counterparts!
[notify]
Sirius- Padfoot- Black

Too clever for- Mom's own good!- :)

Barked: Thu Apr 5, '12 10:45am PST 
Siri and I look nothing alike, but Belle and I at least have the same silvery hair. smile Wicket and Evie don't look much like me, either.
[notify]
Thor

Hump Hump

Barked: Thu Apr 5, '12 11:34am PST 
geez ...I hope not ...eek

Thor has more wrinkles & a fatter hiney...big laughbig laugh

Hugs & Farts
Wide Load Thor..wave
[notify]

Grunt CGC

WWGD or What- Would Grunt Do?

Barked: Thu Apr 5, '12 6:35pm PST 
Only when I shave my face..laugh out loud What?!! shrug I'm kidding - I'm a woman for God's sake! laugh out loudlaugh out loudbig laugh
[notify]
Jackson Tan

Lad about town

Barked: Fri Apr 6, '12 4:44am PST 
Lol, no. I look like an afghan hound though, maybe I should get one? laugh out loud (No seriously, I do....)

You and Kip really do look alike, that's kind of eiree...

Maybe we should all post pics of us with our dogs and compare?

Edited by author Fri Apr 6, '12 4:47am PST

[notify]
Isabelle

Tougher than I- look!! :)

Barked: Fri Apr 6, '12 11:59am PST 
Okay, I'm not good at posting pics in the forums, but I just put one of Belle and I on her page. That was just after I chopped all my hair off; it's longer now, but I still think we look somewhat alike.

I should call her Mini-Me? laugh out loud
[notify]
Kip & Oogie

Goof Fox & Diva- Squirrel

Barked: Fri Apr 6, '12 1:56pm PST 
Siri, yeah, I think it really is a random type thing- Some people have a physical trait (or a few) in common with their pups, others don’t!

Thor and Grunt laugh out loud TOO FUNNY!!

Jackson, you mean like these ladies? Your hair must be lovely!! And yes, it is kind of eerie how much Kip and I match. I didn’t really think about it until I kept getting comments regarding our matchiness from multiple people, which continue to increase as his ear/tail fringe gets longer! Funny how that worked out; I definitely didn’t plan it for us to match that way (at least consciously)! I have always preferred dogs that have a lot of blonde/orange/red in their coats though shrug Also, check out this website:
These Crufts dog show people are pretty hardcore in terms of look alikeness! And yes, if you or anyone else wants to post up comparison doggie/owner photos feel free too!

Belle, too cute!!! You both have the same hair color/texture; I definitely can see the resemblance!
[notify]
Ace

Mischief is my- middle name

Barked: Mon Jul 9, '12 5:59am PST 
Ace being "blonde" with a sprinkling of black, and the black face and ear markings reminds me of me when I need to get my roots redone (I get blonde highlights on medium brown hair.) laugh out loud
[notify]