GO!

SPAM, Poop, & Morlocks

This is the place for pups to exchange ideas and information about a variety of dog-related topics. Don't furget that there are many great resources on Dogster such as Dogster Answers and Dogster Blogs!

(Page 663 of 1439: Viewing entries 6621 to 6630)  
[First 10 entry] Page Links:  658  659  660  661  662  663  664  665  666  667  668  [Last 10 entry]  
Bunny

Black dogs rock!

Barked: Mon Feb 4, '13 1:59pm PST 
Do you people have any idea how jealous I am of Jewel?eeklaugh out loudwink If he was a girl, well... wink

I have been a bit concerened that when I get my eventual Spoo that she would bond to hubby since I would be at work. Princesse just put an end to that worry this morning. Bunny put his paws up on hubby to get some patting and Princesse's reaction was basically "Get your paws off my daddy!" big laugh And he listened to her, believe me!
[notify]
Flicka ~ CGC

NO-ONE is going- to sneak up on- my Mummy

Barked: Mon Feb 4, '13 2:24pm PST 
Sanka.. so glad Sanka has stuff for his ear and is ok.

Dunlop.. DEFINATELY go for puppies.. they dont need a College education and mostly you can batton down the sass !

Definately safety boots too.. worth every penny.

TY... been following that from the first moment they even applied for licence to dig... Its a real chance to right wrongs and correct history.

Bunny.. I was actually going to suggest Jewel sends him to you.... I know its a "him".. but wont be after the neuter !!!!

We get "You touched the OTHER dog " too !!!!!!!!!
[notify]
Bunny

Black dogs rock!

Barked: Mon Feb 4, '13 2:55pm PST 
Flicka, it doesn't matter, neutered or not, bigger male dog is a no go with Bunnyfrown He loves the ladies thoughwink
[notify]

Sarah,- CW-SR,- CW-G1, CGC

Million Dollar- Mutt

Barked: Mon Feb 4, '13 4:48pm PST 
OMG if a dog like that fell into my lap... sigh.... He would not be leaving. I think Jewel is tough enough to hold her own. Lizzie is 60lbs and I have a 5lb foster dog right now- no issues. granted she is not in the wild puppy stage... Hang on to him for a bit and see if he is what you are looking for. The beauty of fostering is you have the time to make that decision.

Sammy (gray and white shih tzu/poodle mix) was adopted yesterday. I got a phone call on Gus earlier today. I need to call the lady back but I really don't have the energy today!! I am also going to change the info for Bernadette (my mama dog that I've had since June). I've only gotten one phone call and one email on her since she was put up for adoption in August. Last week her "views" on petfinder were down to 12!! I think some people are afraid of the doberman label, and the people who are looking for a doberman are looking for a much bigger dog than she is.

Here is her picture if anyone wants to hazard a guess at any breeds... She's about 35lbs and all legs! The picture is from September and she actually looks much better now as she's all fired up and her coat is looking healthy...

Bernadette
[notify]
Toto, CD, RN, CGC

We don't do- doodles!!!

Barked: Mon Feb 4, '13 4:58pm PST 
Jewel, I have NO experience with Standards, so no help on size, but he is ADORABLE!!!! And, I have a 60 lb 6 months old lab charging around with my 6 lb toy poodles and no one has gotten so much as a bump yet. Dogs always figure out about size differences and they make no difference at all!!!!
We have boarding clients who have small dogs and huge dogs... one has a Chihuahua and a Great Dane. one has a tiny yorkie and a HUGE rottie, my favorite Spoo of all time lives with a maltese, and the list goes on and on and on. NONE have ever gotten hurt!!!!
Flicka, headed to the ocean on Wednesday...cabin fever was winning so I am out of here!!! Supposed to be okay weather-wise but I have a headache and sore throat today so I am hoping nothing is going to attack me now!!!!
HQ says photos are all better but I cannot see my photos when trying to load them now. Just a black box! They show up in my other programs so it is just the add a photo feature with Dogster. This is getting maddening. YES, I did contact HQ.
Oops, I decided to close my browser and reopen it and it works fine. Then, I got an email from HQ telling me to clear my cache... same thing. THEY ARE FIXED, OFF TO UPLOAD PHOTOS!!!!!!!

Edited by author Mon Feb 4, '13 5:06pm PST

[notify]
Flicka ~ CGC

Barked: Mon Feb 4, '13 5:34pm PST 
Bunny .. I fully understand.. I have Flix who only loves so few(but those totally) and Lucas who loved everyone.

Sarah,, good hews for some of the Furs... I would personally change the descrition to "Hound mix with smaller dog" something like that. Its as good a guess as any.. and removes" scary 'words"... and I think she IS a hound mix.

Toto.. ALWAYS clear the cache... or the pooter uses old memories. Yes the uploader is fixed !

I am.. of course... JEALOUS AS HECK !!!!!!!!!!!!!! My 4 little Snowies isnt enough to bait you with ! Enjoy your trip(you dont know how that stuck in my throat big laughbig laugh )
[notify]
Toto, CD, RN, CGC

We don't do- doodles!!!

Barked: Mon Feb 4, '13 5:38pm PST 
Flicka, NOT fixed... only ONE photo will upload, any subsequent ones will just revert to the black box. I did contact HQ again. Grrrr. Who in the world only uploads one photo at a time???
Snowdrops...did someone mention snowdrops, they don't open at -15 degrees!!!winkwinkwink
[notify]
Sarah,- CW-SR,- CW-G1, CGC

Million Dollar- Mutt

Barked: Mon Feb 4, '13 5:47pm PST 
I thought about hound mix but I don't think that will get her adopted either. Hounds are very hard to adopt out here- can sit for years in the rescue, so we don't pull them very often. I think I may put her down as a shepherd/beagle mix... hmmmm...

The woman calling about Gus was a no-go as she has a 4 year old daughter. i told her probably not the best fit as he is pretty nervous and really needs someone dedicated to him and willing to work with him.

I am jealous of your ocean trip, Toto!! I haven't seen the ocean in 15 years... the nasty river just doesn't cut it!!!
[notify]
Sonja

It's all about- me.

Barked: Mon Feb 4, '13 5:51pm PST 
Jewel cloud 9 Standard Poodles are awesome! Of course I'm a little biased wink

River is totally adorable! Size wise....... This is a very rough estimate but IN GENERAL, you can double his (6 months age) weight. So if he is 30lbs at 6 months of age...you can expect him to be about 60lbs full grown.

Sonja is 45lbs...while Jasper is 56lbs although he looks bigger than he weighs. Females are typically 22 to 25 inches at the withers (shoulders) and 40 to 65 lbs tops...while males typically are 24 to 27 inches at the withers and 50 to 80lbs.

Standard Poodles are typically very gentle with smaller dogs, elderly, children, and infants...naturally. Unless they are not breed type. River should have a soft mouth when taking treats from your fingers.

As you know, poodles of any size bond very closely with their people. The breed is highly sensitive and need gentle methods of training. Like you said, Jewel, SMART....freakishly smart! Poodles can figure out how to outsmart their people if possible....they are real thinkers.

Standards are also courageous. They will stand their ground if they feel they or their people are threatened. Once you accept someone...so does your poodle.

The best quality of the Standard Poodle, in my opinion, is their versatility. Incredibly adaptable to most living situations.

Oh my goodness...River is a beautiful color too cloud 9
[notify]
Flicka ~ CGC

Barked: Mon Feb 4, '13 7:09pm PST 
Least its working for most people Toto.... which is something it hasnt been ding for 2 weeks... see what the techies say !!

SNOWDROPS bloom through ice.... they are fragile toughies !! *No tongue in cheek enote*

Sonja... River is a beautiful Boy... big grin

Sarah.. how about Lab / Beagle mix ? Not impossible... and alot of folk still get put off by the GSD tag. When in doubt... the "Lab" tag infers "happy happy pet pet".

Edited by author Mon Feb 4, '13 7:12pm PST

[notify]
  (Page 663 of 1439: Viewing entries 6621 to 6630)  
[First 10 entry] Page Links:  658  659  660  661  662  663  664  665  666  667  668  [Last 10 entry]