GO!

SPAM, Poop, & Morlocks

This is the place for pups to exchange ideas and information about a variety of dog-related topics. Don't furget that there are many great resources on Dogster such as Dogster Answers and Dogster Blogs!

(Page 639 of 1422: Viewing entries 6381 to 6390)  
[First 10 entry] Page Links:  634  635  636  637  638  639  640  641  642  643  644  [Last 10 entry]  
Bunny

Black dogs rock!

Barked: Tue Jan 22, '13 2:40pm PST 
Hi all ! No worries, I dont dare look at pictures. Dont want to los cell as well! Sanka,I dont like or cffee as well but green tea in different flavours is pretty good Going to be -35 with window chill tonight. Made one of those cat shelters for the buns.I used cardboard because they arecalredy pprotected from wet. Stuffed the sides and back inbetween the carrier and box with straw. I hadcto by hay from pet store over the holidays Awful stuff.Got their good stuff fom the retiredcfarmer atvwork today Happy buns! Hubby recovering and dogscfine btw lol
[notify]
Tyler

Whippy- The- Whipador

Barked: Tue Jan 22, '13 3:19pm PST 
Sanka i hate coffee too, you're not alone wink I rarely drink tea. Last time i had a cuppa was last May laugh out loud

Is the pup meant to be crossed with a Berner, Jewel? I don't see that myself, but like i said before, who knows!

Love the pics Rusty!

Hi Bunny wave Stay warm in those cold temps!

I forgot to mention this morning that because of the snow on the ground i noticed today on our walk that Ty's paws were bleeding, or at least i think they was. At random points throughout the walk i could see browny/red smears in the snow, but didn't put two and two together until i saw a fresh blood drop and then knew it was one of mine bleeding. Back at home and on checking Ty's paws, yep, they was red and looked as if they had been bleeding. He wasn't bothered by it at all. Didn't lift his paws up or lick them, but still, it sounds so painful. We don't get enough snow to really consider it as something to manage with booties or something ( not that Ty would let me probably laugh out loud ) but i guess i'm going to have to limit our walking time tomorrow. Weird though because i didn't notice his paws bleeding yesterday after we spent time out in it. Perhaps it's because it's frozen and harder today and yesterday it was fresh?

Edited by author Tue Jan 22, '13 3:20pm PST

[notify]
Flicka ~ CGC

NO-ONE is going- to sneak up on- my Mummy

Barked: Tue Jan 22, '13 3:37pm PST 
Rusty... love the rocks in the lake. Your weather sounds like ours right now... frost hard mornings with warmer days...

Gorgeous pics....

Sanka.... grins... no pleasing some !!!

Bunny... Great stuff making the shelter... and yeah.. some hay is awful .... glad you got some decent stuff again. Hoping hubby is doing better.

Ty.... as you know Flicka suffers with his paws. Try this... Vaseline Intensive Care lotion(or any simple lotion. ) I also use Mushers Secret as well.. but the real breakthrough is when his paws are sore(he sheds pads) go the cheapy pound shop.. buy lots of babies socks.!! A sock held on with self sticking wrap(only need a few inches) does protect.... Really helps in both dry rasping sand and wet cold snow/frost. Its worth a try. He never has done well in "proper" dog boots.. gave up on various of those long time back.. but the simple thing of the sock(or double sock) and the ease of holding it on with the elastic wrap.. has really helped.
[notify]

UCH Onyx TT,- CGC

Do you even- lift?

Barked: Tue Jan 22, '13 5:00pm PST 
Jewel, such a cute pup cloud 9

Rusty, love the pics. The lake looks like doggy paradise!

Flicka and Jethro, exactly! Was looking on another site where someone asked what sex, age, and weight people's GSDs were, and the majority of them were over 100 lbs. Some people even said their GSD was 150 lbs. Made me sad to think the dog was literally twice as large as the breed is supposed to be. I suspect the majority of them were not only oversized, but also overweight.

Speaking of tea, my New Year's resolution is to eat healthier, so I'm trying to drink tea instead of juice whenever I'm not in the mood for plain water. I have a peach one I really like, and I'm pretty fond of Celestial Seasonings' Tension Tamer, but other than that, I often find teas too bitter. I tried Twinings English Breakfast Tea this morning, and I really hated it. I'm hoping for something I don't have to add sugar to, since that would kind of defeat the purpose of not just drinking juice. Any suggestions?

Second part of my resolution is to keep going to the gym. I'm what the bf calls "skinny fat". Not overweight, but no real muscle to speak of. Been going since September, and am seeing improvements, but it's a work in progress laugh out loud Hoping the healthier diet might help, too. Made Irish steel cut oats for breakfast today, and since I didn't want to add sugar, ate it with strawberries and blueberries. A mixture of half fruit and half oatmeal helped me get over the oatmeal texture, of which I'm not particularly fond.
[notify]
Natasha - 美花- ~Beautiful- Flower~

Let's play tag!- You're it!

Barked: Tue Jan 22, '13 7:50pm PST 
Dunlop- Is there a large enclosed area you could take the husky to so he can run?thinking

Turner - Glad you were able to help the Boxer, even if only a little bit. hug

Sanka - I don't know why Alvin loves tea as much as he does. It's my fault for encouraging him, but now, whenever I have any glass of whatever, Alvin wants it, thinking it's tea. He turns up his nose at everything except my tea. thinking There is a tea here called Presidents Black Tea and the first time I tasted it, I nearly gagged, thought it was the worst thing ever made! laugh out loud However, my dad loved it and bought it by the box. When we moved and didn't have the filter system set up(can't just boil the water, has to be filtered), that was the only thing we had to drink since we were constantly running out of bottled water, and I developed a taste for it. Now, it's my favorite, go figure! laugh out loud I love the smell of coffee, but can't stand the taste, it's too bitter.

Jewel - That pup reminded me of my late dog, Bruno from years ago! He was the best dog I've *ever* had, I got him when he was a tiny pup from the shelter. He grew to be about 50lbs or so. We assumed he was an Australian Shepherd mix. I got him back when I knew next to nothing about dogs, so I can't imagine how amazing he would've turned out if I had known then what I know now about dogs... thinking Here's an old photo of a photo of him. It's bad, and you can't see the ears very well, but you can sorta see the resemblance(I lost all my good photos of him frown ).
Bruno

Flicka - Yeah..but the thing is, I already knew better than to have liquids near my computer! red face I rearranged my room yesterday and made a place on my bookshelf next to my desk for my drinks. If it does spill for whatever reason, it'll spill over easy to wipe up items, nothing should be damaged.

Sonja- Thanks, even though he's a little trouble-maker, I can't stay mad at him for long, he is a sweet bunny and adores being cuddled. cloud 9

Onyx- Can't help you on the hot tea front, I don't care for hot tea from the dunkable tea bags...don't know why. I do enjoy this stuff

Rusty- Nice pictures! big grin
[notify]
Flicka ~ CGC

Barked: Tue Jan 22, '13 7:51pm PST 
Onyx.... dont know what breed they were.. elephant must have got in that thread by mistake !!!

Tea.... ok... try China tea. Twinnings classic Earl Grey.. or the Lady Grey .. or Prince of Wales... or.. Jasmine ... or my particular addiction.. Lapsang Souchong... all reasonable easy to get here. Tea doesnt have to be from teabags.. experiment with loose.

BUT PLEASE........USE BOILING WATER !!!!!!!!!

It drives me INSANE here that resturants think tea can be made with hot water. you BOIL the water in a KETTLE and IMMEDIATELY pour it over the leaves/bags. Two mins is sufficient brewing...

Sigh.. what is so $%^&*( hard about doing it the RIGHT way !!!!!!!!!!!

The Celestial brand is super too.. try the Raspberry Zinger ! The peach is beautiful

English Breakfast is blended to be a waker upper (just as some coffee's are).. go for a softer Darjeeling .. An Assam tea is richer.. more a 'dinner" than a breakfast.There are as many types and tastes as colours under the sun.

I dont add sugar or milk to ANY tea or coffee. Sometimes add a slice of lemon.

Yes... if you hadnt noticed.. I enjoy the many differences ! I like wines and real ales too.. again.. soooooooo many pleasures to try !!!

The Five portions fruit/veg a day is a great way to go. Also plain live yoghurt with a touch of honey added and fresh fruit.

Good for you that you are trying.... the sheer amount of salt/fat/sugar used here stuns me !

Natasha.. we posted together !!

Edited by author Tue Jan 22, '13 7:57pm PST

[notify]
Sarah,- CW-SR,- CW-G1, CGC

Million Dollar- Mutt

Barked: Tue Jan 22, '13 8:10pm PST 
Jewel that puppy is super cute smile looks an awful lot like a certain three legged Canadian foster dog I've heard talk about....

Gus has mega-diarrhea. He keeps waking me up multiple times during the night to go out. Unfortunately, the second time this morning, around 4am or so, I didn't get out fast enough and I heard splaaaaaaaaaaaatttttttt....... YUCK He needs another bath!!

Working on updating my I-Pass account for the tollways since I'll be doing some driving this weekend smile
[notify]
Flicka ~ CGC

Barked: Tue Jan 22, '13 9:53pm PST 
Sarah... at least he is trying to wake you up... means he has a real sense of house training... that looks good on the adoption blurb. Poor Boy !

Poor you too... never the greatest thing to be having to clean up!

hug
[notify]
Flicka ~ CGC

Barked: Wed Jan 23, '13 6:58am PST 
Morning All.......

Clear and cold..... and grocery dayfrown

Stay safe and warm all..... back later.......
[notify]
Turner - Gone Too- Soon

Hi I'm Turner- Wanna Smell My- Butt?

Barked: Wed Jan 23, '13 7:31am PST 
Morning all! wave Woke up to 1 degree! cheercheer Came home last night at it was -14, I'm so glad the dogs have hay in their boxes! cheer Yes I looked with a flashlight last night! laugh out loud Gotta take the dogs out, they're buggin out! Rusty love the pics! way to go Now that I know my two like to swim I'm on the lookout for a cool lake to take them to in the spring! happy dance Shane hug's to you my friend! I know your lurking! big grin Thor wave I see you out there also! Roxy stay warm out there! Cannot imagine how cold it is. thinking Bunny, keep the bunnies warm! cloud 9 Flicka, today is grocery day here also, except now that hubby is on cholesterol meds I made my list and passed it on to him to go shop. Since he won't eat what I cook he can go get his own! way to go The food store is about 10 mins from work so its easier for him to go. Got the bill for my payment of my $300.00 orthotics.. My part is $25.00 cheercheersnoopysnoopy That's awesome! way to go Sanka, no coffee here, nor tea. Hubby drinks both and I just balk at the smell! silenced I'm a hot cocoa girl in the cold! Hershey's bliss has an awesome rasberry chocolate cocoa! snoopy I mainly drink water or milk. Have a great day all! flowers
[notify]
  (Page 639 of 1422: Viewing entries 6381 to 6390)  
[First 10 entry] Page Links:  634  635  636  637  638  639  640  641  642  643  644  [Last 10 entry]