GO!

SPAM, Poop, & Morlocks

This is the place for pups to exchange ideas and information about a variety of dog-related topics. Don't furget that there are many great resources on Dogster such as Dogster Answers and Dogster Blogs!

(Page 637 of 1421: Viewing entries 6361 to 6370)  
[First 10 entry] Page Links:  632  633  634  635  636  637  638  639  640  641  642  [Last 10 entry]  
Nicky

bitches love- pantaloons

Barked: Mon Jan 21, '13 8:47pm PST 
That poor Boxer frown
[notify]
Flicka ~ CGC

NO-ONE is going- to sneak up on- my Mummy

Barked: Mon Jan 21, '13 9:09pm PST 
Sarah.... Gus cloud 9cloud 9

Turner.... yep... hard to resist the pick axe handle... but..maybe pal pal type words will at least reap a better outcome. Thankyou for doing that.hughug
[notify]
UCH Onyx TT,- CGC

Do you even- lift?

Barked: Mon Jan 21, '13 10:31pm PST 
Hey all wave

Jewel, glad to hear Jettsen should be getting a great new home! Hard to say goodbye, but it sounds like the adopter will keep in touch.

Turner, poor Boxer! Hope all goes well with talking to the owner.

Ty, love the video and the pictures! Looks like they're having a blast!

Nicky looks less than enthused about his snow laugh out loud

Sarah, Gus is a cute little guy!

Not jealous at all of you guys' cold temps! I got my dose of cold in MI and now I'm happy in my warm So Cal weather. 80F here today and I was soaking it in.

Took Onyx down to weigh him today, just because I like to periodically. Came in at 73 lbs, which is almost exactly what he was last time, so I'm thinking he's pretty well fully grown physically. He's turned out to be much smaller than I was expecting, but I'm actually pretty happy with his relatively small size (compared to most of the GSDs we see/hear about), easier on the hips and he's quite agile for his structure. Although I am expecting him to put on a few more pounds in muscle when we start strength training after he turns two and has his hips x-rayed.

Oh and Ty's video reminded me that I took a short one when we were up in the mountains. Of course the battery started blinking low as soon as I started recording, and he kept following me no matter how much I tried to back away to get his whole body in the shot.

Slithering

Edited by author Mon Jan 21, '13 10:34pm PST

[notify]

Natasha - 美花- ~Beautiful- Flower~

Let's play tag!- You're it!

Barked: Mon Jan 21, '13 11:25pm PST 
wave

shock I am definitely *not* jealous of all the cold, wet, rainy, snowy, icy weather everyone is getting! Ugh! The weather here has been fluctuating quite a bit, it's going from bright and sunshiny to overcast, windy, and dreary..but, I'm thankful it's not blustery cold or snowing!!relieved

Jewel- nice photos! Jettson is so handsome, definitely my kind of dog. *Fingers crossed* for the adoption! cloud 9

Tyler- Thanks! smile Nice photos of the dogs, they really stand out against the snowy background!cloud 9 Hopefully this next litter will have the pup you're looking for!

Flicka- That would've been heart-stopping to see a huge truck roaring up like that in your rear view mirror, glad you were able to get out of its way safely! relieved meditate

My dad loves puzzles, I got him a huge one for Christmas, I'll have to take a photo of it and show you...but I don't know when he's going to start it, he has a bunch that he hasn't started yet! He likes to frame them when he's finished, but the one I got is probably too long for any frames he has, it'll have to be custom built. thinking

Squ'mey - Were you really banned!? shock wow...

Onyx - Beautiful photos, I really like the first one with Onyx looking for the ball! cloud 9

Isabelle- Fingers crossed for Jazz, hope the adoption works out!way to go Good luck with the possible new job, I know I'd hate working for someone who is condescending..stupidity I can handle, condescension, not so much.

Sarah - GusGus is a much nicer name than Senor! We had a cat named GusGus several years back, we named him after the mouse on Cinderella.way to go Can't wait to see the "new and improved" GusGus photos! big grin He sorta looks like a Pom/terrier?(his face looks like Benji)

Dunlop- I like the Asterix comix! big grin But, I never see them in stores... frown

Turner - hug I know it can be tough letting go of the past, I know a little bit of what it's like to have a reactive dog. Budro was DA, and after he passed away it took some readjusting in dealing with Twister and Echo, and even now, a few years later with Natasha...it's tough coming to the realization that every dog is different... hug With Natasha, it's like a breath of fresh air, I simply don't have to worry about other dogs or animals while out walking, it's nice!way to go Be careful dealing with the Boxer people!

Today I was working at my computer and I got hungry for a snack, so I left the room to get an apple. In the short time it took for me to walk from my room to the refrigerator, Alvin got into some serious mischief. confused I had a full cup of ice tea on the desk next to my computer and Alvin had been sleeping on "his" chair so I didn't think to move the tea while I went to grab an apple. Well, Alvin decided to make his move on my tea(his favorite drink), but I had moved my chair and files away from the desk so he had to jump straight from the floor to the desk to get to my tea. I guess he jumped right into the glass and knocked it off the desk, splattering tea everywhere! shock I run back into the room to find my desk, computer, chair, floor, and Alvin covered in tea! I freak out because my computer has tea on it and rush to clean it up. Fortunately no tea got inside it, just on the keys and edge. relieved meditate I tossed Alvin outside while I cleaned tea off my desk and chair and mopped the floor. The whole mess was my fault, since I sorta encouraged the whole tea drinking thing... shrug

a few days earlier

yumm slurp slurp

today with tea on his head

it was worth it hehehe

Edited by author Mon Jan 21, '13 11:39pm PST

[notify]
Dunlop

Dunlop-named for- the rider not- the tyer

Barked: Tue Jan 22, '13 2:51am PST 
Anybody got some hints on how to walk a Huski who's been in a yard for a week with no exercise? Godmother had a hernia removed, something was discovered that wasn't good so she now has a drainage tube in. She can't walk Ishtar and the pet walker was a letdown. I've offered to take her for a good long walk on thursday along with my partner. Think i'll bring my gentle leader incase and some treats...

Lovley cool weather now. Heavy showers most of the afternoon, meant to stay cool for a few days.

Turner would a couple of blankets help? Would a thrift shop or charity shop have some? Or even an old jumper for the poor lad/lass to wear?
[notify]
Turner - Gone Too- Soon

Hi I'm Turner- Wanna Smell My- Butt?

Barked: Tue Jan 22, '13 6:48am PST 
Morning all! Alvin laugh out loud Well it went well with the Boxer people! I knocked on the door and this girl came to the door. I said, Hi, I live down the road and saw you have a boxer. I've got some hay for him and some treats if you don't mind. She blinked taking it in. And said sure, no problem. I asked her to hold him while I filled his box. Noticed another dog next door with a box and split the bale between the 2! cheercheer The boxer's box had a dirt floor naughty But he did have plenty of food, water was frozen but she assured me that he got water 3x's a day. thinking The other dog was her mothers, its box had a laminate floor shock I loaded both boxes up for them and pray for the best! Woke to 6 degrees and winds howling over the mountains! Our windchill is like -10! shock The girl was missing a few teeth, and the rest were tinged black. She was nice enough though. I put on sweats, ratty sneaks and an old coat. Pulled my hair up into a ponytail. Dealt with alot of trashy people doing rescue in FL. The attire helps. Anyhoo she said the boxer was tied up because he wouldn't potty train. shock Breathe, breathe, breathe! Do not reach out and choke her! She said her husband was bringing home a bale of hay after work today. I said, good you're sent for the next cold snap. cheer So I came home and hugged my two even closer today! hughug
[notify]
Sanka- I'll Miss- You

The ground is my- newspaper.

Barked: Tue Jan 22, '13 7:07am PST 
Oh my gosh, Gus does look like Albert Einstein!laugh out loud

Got a good laugh at the last photo of Alvin. Never thought a bunny would enjoy tea. I can't stand tea myself.

Dunlop, good of you to help with the husky. I've just put my good running shoes on and get a good work out running around with dogs that haven't been walked. They're usually easy to handle once they get it out of their systems.

Turner, you handled the boxer situation the best way anyone could. It's sad, but you can't push it. I would wonder though if there are any laws in the books about short coated dogs being left outside. I know some areas have laws regarding that. May be worth looking in to.

Kato is being as good as he can be, but I can see he's about to burst from the lack of outside time. I'm feeling better, so I'm trying to talk myself into taking the dogs for a quick romp after work. Sanka, on the other hand, is completely content. He goes out for a quick pee and then runs back to the door and paws and whines to be let in. He enjoys cool weather, but can't handle the harsh cold as well anymore.
[notify]
Tyler

Whippy- The- Whipador

Barked: Tue Jan 22, '13 7:22am PST 
Thanks for the compliments on the pics everyone! They sure do enjoy the snow.

Turner, like Sanka said, you handled the Boxer situation really well. I'm glad you were able to help and that the girl seemed amicable about the situation.

I want those temps, Onyx!! We're lucky if we even get that in Summer laugh out loud Onyx sounds the perfect weight. He looks fantastic anyway way to go Loved the video. He's really enjoying that snow!

Thanks Natasha. The breeder informed me they plan on mating the female i really like in May time again. As she had a very small litter they don't think it will be harmful to her. I've decided to wait for a possible puppy from her because she is the one i wanted a pup from ideally. Alvin is adorable and funny! laugh out loud

Good to hear Gus is looking better after his bath. Can't wait to see what he looks like after his groom/shave.
[notify]
Turner - Gone Too- Soon

Hi I'm Turner- Wanna Smell My- Butt?

Barked: Tue Jan 22, '13 7:55am PST 
The laws here are vague. The SPCA has so much drama that they don't work well. I'd have to call the state police and the law, from what I've read, just requires shelter, food and water. Which they've covered. But at least she was decent! way to go Besides, that means if I pull up again, the ice is already broken! way to go I think Onyx is perfect! He moves well for his build, not bulky like some GSD's I've known. way to go Pups are getting bored, no walks today - no way! Time to destroy the house! laugh out loudcheer
[notify]
Jewel, PCD

8.6lbs of fury- in a bow!

Barked: Tue Jan 22, '13 8:55am PST 
wave

Way to go Turner! Heart of an angel. little angel

Thanks everyone, trying not to get too excited for Jettsen incase it doesn't work out. Everyone loves him so much that one of the co-ordinators of my rescue has been in contact with me about her concerns after reading the application. laugh out loud It made me giggle.

So I don't know if you guys saw my other tread but the CKC is working on opening up sports to mixed dogs so I've been poking around other rescues looking for a possible second dog for me. Contacted a rescue today to ask for more info on this guy.

Edited by author Tue Jan 22, '13 8:58am PST

[notify]
  (Page 637 of 1421: Viewing entries 6361 to 6370)  
[First 10 entry] Page Links:  632  633  634  635  636  637  638  639  640  641  642  [Last 10 entry]