GO!

SPAM, Poop, & Morlocks

This is the place for pups to exchange ideas and information about a variety of dog-related topics. Don't furget that there are many great resources on Dogster such as Dogster Answers and Dogster Blogs!

(Page 633 of 1429: Viewing entries 6321 to 6330)  
[First 10 entry] Page Links:  628  629  630  631  632  633  634  635  636  637  638  [Last 10 entry]  
Sanka- I'll Miss- You

The ground is my- newspaper.

Barked: Sat Jan 19, '13 8:30pm PST 
That's quite the hairdo the foster has going on there, Sarah. Although, I heard bangs were in.laugh out loud

Flicka, when we had our grape vine, Sanka would grab out whole bunches of grapes and eat the whole thing, stem and all. It was strange because he was very selective about it. He knew which ones were just right and sniffed them out.shrug The Japanese beetles liked the grapes a bit too much though, so we ended up getting rid of the grapes because of those nasty critters.

I give my dogs the leftovers from my meals all the time. It's usually like a little cheese left over from mac n cheese and stuff like that. I'd rather let the dogs eat it then just throw it in the trash.

I had quite the healthy diet today. DQ blizzard for lunch simply because I just wanted one and then a Wendy's baconator for supper only because I was passing by Wendy's and knew I needed something for supper. Had to take a nap after each one. Those things are filling lol. I usually don't eat that bad, but it's healthy for my mind to splurge every now and then...at least that's what I believe.

Dogs got a good scrubbing at the dog wash. Dog wash is also a car wash with free vacuums, so I cleaned the dogs, cleaned the inside of my car, cleaned the outside of my car, and then took a nice hot shower when I got home. Clean, clean, clean.cloud 9

Absolutely blew Kato's mind in the car wash though. It was the first time I went in this one. It's the fancy kind with all the different swirling brushes. I'm quite convinced Kato thought the world was ending.laugh out loud
[notify]
Sarah,- CW-SR,- CW-G1, CGC

Million Dollar- Mutt

Barked: Sat Jan 19, '13 9:45pm PST 
Sanka, bangs are totally in!! smile

When I picked him up, it was a hassle. They called me at 2:15 and said they were less than half an hour away. I jump in the car and drive to the meeting spot... 45 min later... no one.... Then an hour later, they called saying "No one is here at the meeting spot!" They had gone to the wrong spot! I got out of the car to tell everyone and was talking with everyone. An hour later, still no van!!! Finally I called them and they said they were almost there. They were relying on their GPS for directions instead of looking up the route before hand... tsk tsk! I spent like TWO HOURS waiting for this dog!! I had to feel a little bad thought, they were first time drivers and it was not going well for them...

So, I get him home and he won't come out of the crate.

I won't come out!

I took the crate outside in the fenced yard because I knew he hadn't been out for about 9 hours or so. I didn't want to reach in and get bit, so my plan was to lasso him with the leash once he came out. But he was too fast! I spent about 20 minutes trying to get him to come to me in the yard but he wouldn't do it. I herded him into the garage where he took refuge under my car.
Still won't come by you!

He stayed under there for 45 minutes! I put some new crates together, cleaned the floors, put my own dogs outside... Finally I laid flat on my stomach on the floor and he came to me all kissy face. He likes me very much when I am sitting down and will try to get on my lap and get loved, but if I start to walk around he runs way.

My little male shih tzu mix foster is absolutely infatuated with him, which is good because I was warned about this new guy not doing well with males. It's early, but so far they are playing very well together. Even crabby Sarah thinks she might want to play with them!

As far as breed goes, his coat is wonderfully SOFT!! SO SOFT! His nose reminds me of a mouse, and he has the daintiest little legs! His coat isn't too matted, but you can tell there is a lot of dead hair and he may end up needing to be shaved. His tail oddly, isn't matted at all. It reminds me of those furry feather dusters! Poor little dude has mats/eye boogers on his face that are bigger than his eyes!! I have an appt for him to be neutered on Wednesday. I was hoping I could get him into the groomer before that but he doesn't have his rabies shot yet. I will have to ask the vet if they can do anything when he is there for the neuter...
[notify]
Flicka ~ CGC

NO-ONE is going- to sneak up on- my Mummy

Barked: Sat Jan 19, '13 10:02pm PST 
Turner.......... we had ice storm last weekend and 66F this afternoon ! Madness !

Sanka.... I agree about not wasting.. and we eat pretty healthily(much to Beloved One's distress !!) The Boys do get a little but just not alot.

I think both would die if thy were in the car in the car wash !

Sarah....not good having to wait so long.. but as you say.. first timers and they were really trying maybe too hard ! The pic of Le Muppet under your car .. poor boy he looks sooooooooo sad and foozed !

Lucas's fur is the softest of soft too.

Would be nice if Le Muppet could have a wash and brush before deciding if he has to be shaved.

You will get him sorted !
[notify]

Toto, CD, RN, CGC

We don't do- doodles!!!

Barked: Sun Jan 20, '13 6:20am PST 
Sarah, I am really thinking Pomeranian/poodle mix, especially after seeing that first new photo you put up where he is standing... his body is way short like a (good) poodle and/or a pom...cresteds are supposed to be fairly long in the loin, PLUS, his legs look shorter like a pom. Dunno, would LOVE to see him in person!!!
I would LOVE to groom him and could do it today if you want to drive him out.big grinlaugh out loud
[notify]
Nicky

bitches love- pantaloons

Barked: Sun Jan 20, '13 7:08am PST 
I thought Pom-thing too, Toto. There was Yorkie/Poms at the garden center I take Nick to and he kind of reminds me of one of those. It had fur like Yorkies but sticking up like Poms. It looked like it was in perpetual puppy uglies laugh out loud

I wasn't too worried about Nick, but when I woke up in the middle of the night I went and checked on him just to make sure he didn't get sick or anything. He likes to eat the crabapples when they fall off the tree and never had a problem. I still pick most of them up because I don't want him eating too much.

When Nick and Paris went through the car wash I was very surprised that they couldn't have cared less!! I was especially shocked with Paris since she usually goes after anything that moves. Maybe she thought those giant versions of her toys were seeking revenge for all the death blows she gives em and decided it's best not to mess with them laugh out loud
[notify]
Tyler

Whippy- The- Whipador

Barked: Sun Jan 20, '13 7:23am PST 
Immediately thought Pom/Poodle mix too, Sarah way to go He has a Spitz like quality to him i think. Absolutely adorable little guy. I can't imagine him waiting long for a home once he's ready!

I don't willingly give my two grapes or anything else toxic because i'm not prepared to risk it, but they have eaten the odd one or two that have fallen on the floor aswell as bits of chocolate in the past and they've been fine also. But heard a terrible story over Christmas of a dog that stole some Mince Pies and later died as a result. You can never tell which dog will be effected or not frown

It's been snowing all day here. Was quite rough walking the dogs earlier because everytime i looked in one direction i had snow in my eyes and battering my face. But we had the field to ourselves again and the dogs had fun. Took a video of them which i'm waiting for Flickr to upload but it takes FOREVER to upload videos on there so i'll link to it later hopefully wink
[notify]
Sarah,- CW-SR,- CW-G1, CGC

Million Dollar- Mutt

Barked: Sun Jan 20, '13 8:57am PST 
His legs are tall compared to a pom, but he does have thatshort body like a poodle. I think they look short because of the angle in the picture. He is SO SOFT! I don't think I have pet a softer dog!! It's like he has no guard hairs at all. He has the tiniest little face... SO CUTE!!!!

I went and saw The Music Man last night. It was super fun!

SO COLD out tonight, and it's going to get even colder. I think think it's going to be like Jewel's weather! Windchills 20-30 below 0 (F). We have tomorrow of for Martin Luther King Jr. Day. I am hoping they might close school on Tuesday too if it's too cold!!!
[notify]
Roxy

Here comes- Trouble!

Barked: Sun Jan 20, '13 9:09am PST 
wave Hi everyone!

Sarah, foster dog does look really soft. Kind of a wild hair style going on but a cute little one. big grin

It is COLD here. I think it is -30 below windchill and tonight we have a warning for -55 below windchill! eek
I wonder if they will have school tomorrow or a later start or something. That is way to cold for the school buses to run, I think. This is scary cold!

Thor must have gotten board last night. He got the new Kleenex box and emptied it all over the living room floor! Looked like it had snowed Kleenex! laugh out loud

I should bake something today with it being so cold. We had a Birthday party for my youngest yesterday. He turned 9 years old. We have cake left, Avengers cake! Guess I could bake cookies or a pan of bars..
[notify]
Bunny

Black dogs rock!

Barked: Sun Jan 20, '13 9:23am PST 
Hi everyone! I cant wait till Friday when we get our internet back! Nicky ,Princsse ate turtles one ChristmasShe threw them up ans was fine smile I went to the shelter yesterday mato drop off some old pillows and made the mistake of going to see the adoptable dogs ( naughty)There was a pom mix who remined me of a cross between Bunny and Princesse [reminds self next dog will be bigger dof]SarahSarah your foster is adorable!
[notify]
Turner - Gone Too- Soon

Hi I'm Turner- Wanna Smell My- Butt?

Barked: Sun Jan 20, '13 10:01am PST 
Sarah, I think the foster is adorable! cloud 9 Best of luck with him! Managed to get the dogs their walk in before the major snow hit. It is very windy and the temp is dropping meditate Roxy, stay warm out there! It's supposed to get cold here, but not as cold as you are! Sanka, I thought about taking Grunt through the car wash, but haven't done so... yet. thinking The latest on the idiot at work, the Union Pres talked to him about inappropriate conduct. The next night he did some shady stuff to my relief, so the chat didn't work. Guess if I work with him again I write him up for sexual harrassment/inappropriate conduct. naughty Snowing here snoopycheerblue dog Everyone have a great night! flowers
[notify]
  (Page 633 of 1429: Viewing entries 6321 to 6330)  
[First 10 entry] Page Links:  628  629  630  631  632  633  634  635  636  637  638  [Last 10 entry]