GO!

SPAM, Poop, & Morlocks

This is the place for pups to exchange ideas and information about a variety of dog-related topics. Don't furget that there are many great resources on Dogster such as Dogster Answers and Dogster Blogs!

(Page 631 of 1440: Viewing entries 6301 to 6310)  
[First 10 entry] Page Links:  626  627  628  629  630  631  632  633  634  635  636  [Last 10 entry]  
Flicka ~ CGC

NO-ONE is going- to sneak up on- my Mummy

Barked: Fri Jan 18, '13 2:22pm PST 
Turner....... I understand... Flicka is a fear aggressive... we have got to a reasonable place with it... he isnt overly dog friendly.. and doesnt take to but a few people but with us.. with the people he knows.. he is a marshmallow. BUT.. I got so used to defensiveness.. to having to think a mile ahead.. that it became a hinderence to HIM in the end. He picked up (and still does) on my tensions.. and I have to do as you did.. Stop... BREATHE.. shake the tension out my arms and hands.. and yes... he calms.. and we do FINE. In all the dogs in my life... he is the teacher one.. the one I had never had the like of... go with the flow. Dont let what hubby said sting.. it came from someone who loves you dearly. Its OK for him to say it.. because he means it with love.

Its hard... but you CAN do this... breath 2-3 breath 2-3... and yeah... it IS that obvious... as I am constantly also reminded...

Happy Birthday Hubby.. it was Beloved One's yesterday... just 9 years older !! Got to laugh.. mine wants a steak too so its Logan's tomorrow !

TY... Good decision.... you nwill never "2nd guess" now... this was honestly 'off kilter" from the way you spoke about it from the start. Often we dont listen to that voice.. and we need to. Your time will come... and as you rightly say.. that pup will have a wonderful home...
[notify]
Sonja

It's all about- me.

Barked: Fri Jan 18, '13 2:44pm PST 
My hands are feeling much better. Thanks Flicka wink Been lathering them down every night. I would love to soak in a warm vat of Aspercreme (or equivalent) this time of year. cloud 9

We bundled up the kids and went to dog park. -10 outside currently. I'm done with this sub-zero crap...but I'm not looking forward to the thaw. Poo Patrol will not be pretty laugh out loud big laugh

hug Turner
[notify]
Flicka ~ CGC

Barked: Fri Jan 18, '13 3:21pm PST 
Sonja... did you use the stuff I recommended? If so.. GREAT !!!

But.. also GREAT if you used something else and it worked !! I was just wondering..
[notify]

Sarah,- CW-SR,- CW-G1, CGC

Million Dollar- Mutt

Barked: Fri Jan 18, '13 3:27pm PST 
My teeth hurt from the filling frown. boo... Took an ibuprofen but might take another pretty soon here. I keep catching myself clenching my teeth too, which I'm sure doesn't help...

Sounds like the little guy might have "issues" with male dogs. He's still coming, so I hope I don't regret this... I think he was JUST neutered. The foster in Indiana says he's fine with females, and fine with the older male dog, it's just the young, intact or recently neutered males that are a problem. He's only 7lbs, so it's not like he'd be uncontrollable. Foster in Indiana said he's pretty timid and you have to move slowly with him. She's been "snapping" him on the nose when he growls at the male dog in the house, but then she said that makes him scared again (no kidding). We'll see what a little structure and positive reinforcement can do! I am planning on picking him up tomorrow so you'll hear from me pretty soon!
[notify]
Bunny

Black dogs rock!

Barked: Fri Jan 18, '13 3:49pm PST 
Still here smile Ty sounds like the right descion. I made the same one lol Happy bd to So's!Good luck withfoster Sarah.Sorry about tooth Glad hands are better Sonja. It's very cold here -32 C wuth wind chill tonight. Turner when keyboard is up I cant move screen over. Boy this is a tiny scren:-!
[notify]
Sonja

It's all about- me.

Barked: Fri Jan 18, '13 3:55pm PST 
way to go Yes Flicka...your stuff worked. Thanks much!

I just heard from my best friend. She's driving to Salt Lake City from Olympia, WA. Her hubby's pipes froze and broke while he was in Olympia over his long break. So, looks like we're headed to SLC too so we can help out. He retires soon and is moving to Olympia to be with her...this is just bad timing as he starts a new semester Tues.

Headed out for dinner with friends tonight...Mexican cloud 9 Have a good evening all
[notify]
Tyler

Whippy- The- Whipador

Barked: Fri Jan 18, '13 4:08pm PST 
I learnt to let go of alot of the tensions associated with Missy's behaviour a long time ago. It is hard to do, but i'm naturally quite laid back so it wasn't to much of a challenge. That's what's funny when people have given me advice in the past because they always assume i'm freaking out at the end of the lead and that's so far from the truth! laugh out loud I think she's more reactive than she is aggressive, but i wouldn't trust her!

I think you're doing just fine with Grunt. Grunt is different and once you can lose some of that tension or worry you've learnt from owning Turner, you'll relish the relief at having a peaceful dog wink

Bunny, the breeder has another litter due in March. Father is impressive, but mum is no where near the league of the mother of the current litter. So we shall see.

Glad to hear your hands are better Sonja! way to go

It's snowing here again! Been on/off all day although very light and not really amounting to much. We was the only ones at the field today and the dogs had a great time running about in it. I wonder whether i'll be able to get to my mum tomorrow thinking

Edited by author Fri Jan 18, '13 4:10pm PST

[notify]
Flicka ~ CGC

Barked: Fri Jan 18, '13 6:01pm PST 
Sarah... I am a chronic tooth grinder.. can commiserate ! Take the ibu and rest.

The little Lad will get the right kind of help from you.

Wavessss to Bunny !!!!!!!!!

Sonja !!!!! snoopysnoopysnoopysnoopy Great !!! Thats 3 out of 3 excluding me.. so 4 its worked for... thats getting beyond coincidence.

Drive safely

TY..... You know... lousey humans can and do produce amazing kids... same with animals. Pedigree isnt everything. It will help with health concerns... and in some part with temperiment.. but it isnt the bottom line. You know that. Some of THE best have come out of mediocre pairings and raging disappointments for Champion all bells and whistles pairings... same for humans. Mind you... I think there should be a huge amount more speutering in humans too !!

You drive carefully too...
[notify]
Sarah,- CW-SR,- CW-G1, CGC

Million Dollar- Mutt

Barked: Fri Jan 18, '13 9:00pm PST 
We got two more Q's tonight!! We are halfway to our Starter Rally title and halfway to our Rally Games 1 title! (And still halfway to our Scent Detective Trial too, hah!)

Ty I hope you get what you are looking for in the next litter. Nothing wrong with holding out until you get what you want! It's your money and your life! smile

Flicka- I grind in times of stress. A few years ago I was grinding like crazy but It's mostly gone now. It's come back just recently. No nightguard yet but it's on the list for the possible future!
[notify]
Flicka ~ CGC

Barked: Fri Jan 18, '13 9:16pm PST 
snoopysnoopysnoopysnoopysnoopysnoopy Sarah snoopysnoopysnoopysnoopysnoopysnoopy WELL DONE !!

Great efforts !!!!

I used to destroy the Nightguards too frown

SO pleased for you with your wins... you were so down over it a few weeks back !
[notify]
  (Page 631 of 1440: Viewing entries 6301 to 6310)  
[First 10 entry] Page Links:  626  627  628  629  630  631  632  633  634  635  636  [Last 10 entry]