GO!

SPAM, Poop, & Morlocks

This is the place for pups to exchange ideas and information about a variety of dog-related topics. Don't furget that there are many great resources on Dogster such as Dogster Answers and Dogster Blogs!

(Page 1358 of 1446: Viewing entries 13571 to 13580)  
[First 10 entry] Page Links:  1353  1354  1355  1356  1357  1358  1359  1360  1361  1362  1363  [Last 10 entry]  
Flicka ~ CGC

NO-ONE is going- to sneak up on- my Mummy

Barked: Thu May 8, '14 7:58pm PST 
Waveeeeeessssssss~~~~~~~~ to Ellie !
[notify]
Flicka ~ CGC

Barked: Fri May 9, '14 11:01am PST 
wave
[notify]
Yoshi

XD

Barked: Fri May 9, '14 3:44pm PST 
Just popping in to say hi. Been a long time since I've posted in here. Finally finished another semester of semminary. It was a great semester, but I'm relieved to be done for the year. Am seriously considering taking another degree in education. I love music, but it's really getting old. I don't really feel like I'm learning anything new. It's basically the same thing every year. With education, I can actually learn more about people and life in general, and it'll help me to better serve others. I'm gonna finish my music degree, but after that I'm moving on. I feel like there is so much more out there, but I never really had the chance to explore it because I was so focused on music all my life. smile

I have a boyfriend now. His name is Chris. He's 55 and is a professional DJ. I met him through a mutual friend. We've been together for about 3 weeks now, and we're totally in love. Chris is very protective of me and takes care of me very well. I know there's a huge age gap, but it really doesn't matter. Because of circumstances, we could never be together permanently. I live in a community where people would disapprove of our relationship. My family and friends would never accept that I'm happy. In the end, it'll either have to be my family and friends or Chris.

Hope everybody is doing well. smile
[notify]

Flicka ~ CGC

Barked: Fri May 9, '14 6:54pm PST 
Hi Yoshi.....

Good idea to diversify. A broader degree will give you much bigger options.
[notify]
Sarah,- CW-SR,- CW-G1, CGC

Million Dollar- Mutt

Barked: Fri May 9, '14 7:28pm PST 
Just popping in to say hi and share a few stories.

Took TOby in to the vet yesterday because he's been drinking a lot and peeing a lot. Urinalysis showed no infection, but his urine was -extremely- dilute. So now I have to try to get a sample first thing in the morning... wish me luck... I mopped up 6 pee puddles this morning. Tonight when I got home I decided to mop the floors. Less than an hour later I heard Toby crying and by the time I got there to let him out, it was too late. There was a trail of pee from my bedroom window, down the hall, into and back out of the kitchen, and then to the door... ugh...

I took on a second foster in a sort of emergency situation, and I'm regretting it a bit. He's a 30lb purebred beagle and he's just obnoxious. No manners.

Played kitty rescuer today. There was a cat hanging out by the school, the occupational therapist came and asked if I rescued cats, so I went out there. Super friendly, maybe 6 month old dilute calico with tabby stripes. She was rubbing on everyone, let me pick her up and hold her. The OT has windows down to the ground and the cat was rubbing on and batting at the windows trying to get in. I got a hold of a friend who really does cat rescue. She took her in to animal control. She said they only have three cats right now! They'll do a 7 day stray hold and then will vet her and put her up for adoption. I guess our winter was so harsh that kitten season isn't really happening this year.

Taking the dogs in for titer testing tomorrow at a clinic. The vet is my current vet but the price is almost 2/3 less than regular because she'll be sending in so many all at once.

Only 14 more days of work for the school year! 12 with kids!!
[notify]
Yoshi

XD

Barked: Sat May 10, '14 7:41am PST 
Morning all. smile I'm 26 today, so happy birthday to me. =) Some church friends are coming over in a bit, and then tomorrow night I'm going out to dinner with another group of friends. I leave for Vagus on Monday and go back to Canada 4 days later. big grin

Flicka, yes, that's exactly how I feel. I've had so many years of music education that I just feel like I'm stuck in mud. Because I've been so focused on pursuing music my entire life, I really never had the opportunity to explore other things. Once I finish my music degree I am gonna do education. smile

Sarah, hope you were able to get some samples from Toby. I think you should also ask for bloodwork to rule out kidney failure.
[notify]
Flicka ~ CGC

Barked: Sat May 10, '14 1:51pm PST 
Afternoon All......

So sorry for poor Toby. Poor Boy.. hoping it can be sorted out.

The Beagle.. rough with the smooth I guess.

"Kitten season isnt happening"... ummmmmmmmmmm .. maybe I need to send you the 20-30 + barn cats an multiple kits........I have neighbours who dont give a stuff... Speuter... yep.. then all they do is get more.. so you have 40 cats... all that will work is losing the neighbours.

Happy Birthday Yoshi ! Canada will be a great time !
[notify]
Lily

Whose bed?? Why- would YOU think- that?

Barked: Sat May 10, '14 6:14pm PST 
wishes Happy Birthday, Yoshi. Vegas is always fun for a short visit. You know at your age, it isn't your parents' decision who you see. That being said, choose wisely. Chris sounds like a keeper, but go slow.

Sarah, one of my biggest fears with aging dogs is that one or both will become incontinent. A very tough situation to deal with. Hope Toby is quickly fixable.

The furry ones are waiting for a walk. This will be a flashlight walk. Lily likes those and Moira is an easy pleaser so anything is okay as long as it's spelled W-A-L-K.

Lily got skunked two nights ago. She smells okay, but I can still smell it when I enter the laundry room so I guess I'd better wash the walls, too. Moira ended up staying in there, too. When she had to choose between my bed and being with Lily, she chose Lily.
[notify]
Flicka ~ CGC

Barked: Sun May 11, '14 10:25am PST 
Afternoon All ..... am mowing

Very windy again here and battening down for some storms.....

Lily... glad the skunking wasnt too bad ! Been lucky here re that.... but had better not tempt Providence !
[notify]
Tyler

Whippy- The- Whipador

Barked: Sun May 11, '14 3:10pm PST 
Just stopping by real quick tonight. Spent the weekend at the caravan. Is a lovely peaceful site. Took ONE picture before my camera battery died! laugh out loud Missy went back with my sister on the Friday as she was a little unsettled, but Ty was his usual laid back self. Am heading back this weekend...just before Cash arrives. Can't believe how quickly that's crept up on me! happy dance

Terribly wet and miserable weather the entire weekend! frown
[notify]
  (Page 1358 of 1446: Viewing entries 13571 to 13580)  
[First 10 entry] Page Links:  1353  1354  1355  1356  1357  1358  1359  1360  1361  1362  1363  [Last 10 entry]