GO!

SPAM, Poop, & Morlocks

This is the place for pups to exchange ideas and information about a variety of dog-related topics. Don't furget that there are many great resources on Dogster such as Dogster Answers and Dogster Blogs!

(Page 11 of 1419: Viewing entries 101 to 110)  
[First 10 entry] Page Links:  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  [Last 10 entry]  
Abner

Basset Hound- with a Flatty- suit on

Barked: Sat Feb 18, '12 6:17pm PST 
Hey everyone! Haven't been on for a bit.

I need to read back.

Toto, I hope everything is okie day!

This morning I was driving to my caregiver job and what do I see? 2 dogs. Just walkin' around. So I pulled over and caught the cattle dog. The older one ran off. So I brought her with me and shoved her in the back yard. She was sweet. Called ACC and they gave me the phone number for the owner.
9:05- I told him I had his dog, Sarah, and gave him my address. I told him she was close to getting hit and he could come get her. He thanked me profusely and hung up. Oh, also, I told him about the old dog with her. "Oh, that's Casey. She'll come back when she's done." UHH.
9:40- Called him again.
"Oh, she's still there??"
"Yes. I picked her up off the road, remember? Are you coming for her?"
"Do you have her penned up?"
"Yes. I PICKED HER OFF THE ROAD."
"Haha, scold her for me. I'll be there in 10 minutes."
20 minutes later I called ACC again. They said they'd send someone. At 12 they finally came. Apparently he had been looking for her.
Situation: He's 80 years old, has lived on the hill his whole life, and has NO concept of not letting your dogs run around on what is now a highway. He came to a different house on the driveway and thought he was looking for the old dog. He didn't even know what dog I had.

ARGH. Everyone I talked to at ACC was like, PO'd he lets his dogs run around and that he more or less told me to set her free and let her come home. Argh. I was so mad. I still am. I totally loved Sarah. She was such a great little girl. I wish I had a camera with me at the time. So pretty!

It was terribly inconvenient, I couldn't do the work I needed to, and it stressed out the older woman I care for.

On the bright side Abner LOVED her. They played for a couple hours.

Later on I went to meet someone who does dog babysitting on a really limited basis. We went to her backyard and Abner immediately hopped up on some board and tried to get over the fence. ....He won't be going there.

I love my escape artist.
[notify]
Mini

A Heartbeat at- Your Feet ♥

Barked: Sat Feb 18, '12 6:18pm PST 
Good job steering her away from border collies and Devon looks adorable! Love pointers! big grinapplause

Yikes people just letting their dogs wander free! silenced Around here that sounds like coytote bait or car accident waiting to happen!

Edited by author Sat Feb 18, '12 6:20pm PST

[notify]
Bunny

Black dogs rock!

Barked: Sat Feb 18, '12 6:36pm PST 
wave Mini and Abner. Nice dogs, Sarahcloud 9 Toto, that would scare the carp out of me too! Hope all is well.hug
[notify]

Sabi

When the night- closes in I will- be there

Barked: Sat Feb 18, '12 6:57pm PST 
Room for us here?wave
Please stop talking about heart problems. I thought chest pains were just normal. Doc says no, and apparently not something I can ignore til it goes away.
[notify]
Cain

Q.E.D., baby,- Q.E.D.!

Barked: Sat Feb 18, '12 7:19pm PST 
ARRRGHGHHH!! Rain needs to stop! Things need to dry up! Mud everywhere....eek

Now that I got that off my chest, how's everybody doing? laugh out loud
[notify]
Turner - Gone Too- Soon

Hi I'm Turner- Wanna Smell My- Butt?

Barked: Sat Feb 18, '12 7:33pm PST 
Evening all! First off hughughughug's to Roxy for your dad and Toto for your health. Spent the day with my parents - stinks watching them grow old. But they're still with us and we enjoyed ourselves! way to go Spent loads of money and told hubby how much I saved him with my 25% off discount! laugh out loudlaugh out loud He wasn't amused to say the least! thinking
When we left this morning it was snowing some. Got home and it was still flurrying! cheercheer No mud here Cain - the ground (finally) froze some again. For how long though we're not sure! Pups are heading for kennel vaca time this week, that way hubby can put in new walk-in shower and I can clean the rugs! big grin
Sarah glad you're feeling better - Devon is a cutie! way to go
Grunt has a sore next to his bung-hold...could it be anal glands? thinking
I dunno! thinking
Have a great night all! flowers
[notify]
Mini

A Heartbeat at- Your Feet ♥

Barked: Sat Feb 18, '12 8:17pm PST 
wave Bunny and all!

UUGH dont you just hate when you have a problem and you ignore it but it doesnt go away, or it even gets worse? confused I've learned the hard way on that one but sometimes ignorance is bliss.. until u have to drag yourself to the doctor for the guessing game. red facewink
[notify]
Dunlop

Dunlop-named for- the rider not- the tyer

Barked: Sat Feb 18, '12 8:19pm PST 
Guys just a heads up, Dogster will be going through an update in the next month or so & may be unavailable for a few hours whilst they do it. Any question, direct them via the "Unleashed" pert of the site.

http://blogs.dogster.com/dogster_site_updates/2012/02/07/dogster -site-updates-were-making-beautiful-pawgress/#comments
[notify]
MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Sat Feb 18, '12 8:36pm PST 
Hello Sabiwave Cain I can sympathize with the mud we have had it on a near daily basis for at least 6 months. I am almost ready to give up,get a sample of the mud for color analyzer at the paint store and have everything in the house painted,dyed,or purchased to blend so I can quit with trying to clean it up constantly only to wipe it up one place and find more somewhere else. That has been my rant since the first week. Sarah,glad you are feeling better and got a good pup a good homeway to go Toto,sounds like some form of sleep apnea where you forget to breathe while you sleep for a few seconds. Hope all turns out well.
Annie,glad your hubby is doing so well as well,it was all so scary for me because if it hadn't been for the PCP just ordering the tests because he could I would have been a widow at 42 and really wasn't ready it sounds like your hubby's case was similar,no symptoms,no real signs that anything was wrong and the next thing you know it's major, major surgery. Just glad everything went so wellrelieved Turner/Grunt hope you can get to the bottom of Grunt's problem and he feels better soon.
Take Care Everyone and Have a Good Night.cloud 9 Hope to see you all for coffee in the morning. I have got to get some sleep tonightshh hug's to all.
[notify]
Tyler

Whippy- The- Whipador

Barked: Sun Feb 19, '12 6:08am PST 
Beautiful, sunny, but crisp Winters day here today. I can't wait for Spring/Summer!

Gotta book our Crufts tickets this week!! happy dance happy dance

Mini! wave
[notify]
  (Page 11 of 1419: Viewing entries 101 to 110)  
[First 10 entry] Page Links:  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  [Last 10 entry]