GO!

Not sure where to put this, frustrated and then some!

This is the place for pups to exchange ideas and information about a variety of dog-related topics. Don't furget that there are many great resources on Dogster such as Dogster Answers and Dogster Blogs!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Shadow

Lets GO

Barked: Fri Feb 10, '12 6:07pm PST 
All of the dogs I have ever owned were rescues, dumped, failed fosters, or someone elses mistakes. A lot of them haven't lasted long. I have had some horrible health issues, a few that just weren't right in the head and one or two that were old and dying when I got them from a lifetime of neglect.
I remember each one and it eats at me just as bad as the ones I have not been able to take. I get so angry at the irresponsible people who caused them to be here in the first place. It isn't them who are spending thousands of dollars at the vets, slogging around in crappy weather to exercise and train reactive dogs who must be walked at 5 in the morning, crying rivers of tears at the absolute futility of it all. Why can't we make these people face the reality of what they cause? It's not fair!
Why do I have to hold them while they are PTS? Why do I have to sit with them while they are sick? Why am I the one that keeps getting bitten?
The 2 year old terrier with seizures and brain damage from a wannabe trainer who suggested his owners choke him into submission.
The pit cross who peed everytime she saw a leash but was so sweet I named her Honey
The lab cross who crushed my arm but couldn't tear the skin because his teeth had all been kicked in
The Rotti cross who's owners were to lazy to train her before they left her with me for a week and never came back
The mastiff pup I held while the vet removed the embedded collar
The GSD who died in my arms from a bleed when she went into labour for the 8th time, because I couldn't cut the lock fast enough
The Akita cross who went on a killing spree, I didn't know what an akita was all my fault
The Dane who got dumped for being the wrong color, survived and lived with a bad heart for 7 years
The ACD cross who laid my hand open at 8 weeks, went for my throat at 4 months and attacked a child at 7 months
The feral GSD pup that wanted to kill everything but me
The dozens of others who come and go, came and went. I hope they know I tried, and I loved them all for a minute or a lifetime.
And little miss Shadow who should have died but didn't, has no fixable problems but lots of unfixable ones.
The people who cause this sleep at night, I don't. Seems unfair.
[notify]
Scruffy- (RIP)

In Loving Memory

Barked: Fri Feb 10, '12 6:41pm PST 
hughughug
[notify]
Moose

I love sitting- in laps

Barked: Sat Feb 11, '12 11:24am PST 
I wish there were way more people in the world like you.hug
[notify]

Turner - Gone Too- Soon

Hi I'm Turner- Wanna Smell My- Butt?

Barked: Sat Feb 11, '12 4:34pm PST 
You have an amazing spirit big hug And you were there for these past, present and future animals so they know what a caring hand means, regardless of the a**holes who never did right by them. As my mother tells me when I get angry and frustrated like you do, you will be rewarded in Heaven, over and over... flowers
[notify]
Flicka ~ CGC

NO-ONE is going- to sneak up on- my Mummy

Barked: Sat Feb 11, '12 7:00pm PST 
I dont know what to say to make the pain go away... I would for myself if I did... I would give it free with loving heart to those also in need.

I had to have a heart attack before it finally sunk into my stupid brain that I couldnt save the entire world.

It took that heart attack for me to also realise I could make all the difference to one... maybe 2 ... or 3.... or... at a time.

One day... one dog... one victory for love.

I cant always remember the "heart attack" lesson.... but I DO know ... that the me's.. and you's... the people here who give up so very much to hug.. and/or if they can (and often if they cant afford it) chip in a few pennies to aid a cause... we ALL matter... we ALL make a differece.... because INdifference is the killer.

I have a special place for the abusers and the like... I do not and will not "turn the other cheek" to evil. In that place... in my heart and brain.. is where I confine them to my own special nook of Hell...

What goes around.. comes around.

Don't EVER doubt that one moment/minute/hour/day/life you gave to a blessed soul wasnt noticed.

It was... IS .. and EVER shall be.....

With love and Gratitude........Flicka ∆,,∆ & Lucas /..| Cleo (I.M.) ∆,,∆ & Pam X

hughughughughughughughughughug
[notify]
Shadow

Lets GO

Barked: Sat Feb 11, '12 7:04pm PST 
I get so angry! I know that a lot of Dogsters do way more then I do but it seems unfair that the dog lovers carry the burden for the dog users and abusers and there are so many dogs out there. I always end up with the ones that aren't adoptable, maybe by choice. I thought that at the very least if I could give them a few good months at least someone would have loved them for a while. I volunteered to take the rehabs for several years but then I was only allowed to take on one at a time so where do I stop? I know I can't save the world. I started the rescue we have now and it's worse. There are always more then I can house, more then we can afford. My dogs are enough of a strain and Bud is proof that even breeders can't stop the losers of the world. There has got to be a better way to do this.
[notify]
UCH Onyx TT,- CGC

Do you even- lift?

Barked: Sat Feb 11, '12 8:44pm PST 
hug Keep fighting the good fight. As others have said, what goes around comes around and someday all injustices will be made right. It doesn't make the reality of now any less painful but know that you're a wonderful impact on those dogs' lives even if their time ends with you.
[notify]
Jackson Tan

Lad about town

Barked: Sun Feb 12, '12 4:24am PST 
There's a saying... A bit cliched, I know, but it goes saving a dog doesn't change the world, but it changes the world for that dog. You have changed lots of lives. Even the dogs who didn't work out had since happiness because of you, and that means a lot. Try not to let horrible people get you down, the world is full of them and all you can do is be a good person... and you are. hug
[notify]
Sumo

Lady's Man

Barked: Sun Feb 12, '12 5:44pm PST 
hug I often wish the people who neglect and abuse animals had to suffer the exact thing they subjected the animal to...for the same amount of time.

I rescuded Sumo when he was 3yrs old...he had 2 abcessed teeth, UTI, impacted anal glands that were so bad they had to remove his anal sacs, under weight, and a frost bitten testicle.

Your an angel for all your hard work hug
[notify]
Sabi

When the night- closes in I will- be there

Barked: Mon Feb 13, '12 9:20pm PST 
So here is what prompted my little rant.
I get a call the other morning from a friend...I know you don't do Goldens but can you come, quick.
Back of his property, torn all to hell, old girl, obvious cataracts, skinny, dirty. Wagged her tail when I climbed into the culvert with her. Tied her mouth, slid her onto a blanket and loaded her into my car. Talked to her the whole way to the nearest clinic, tail never stopped wagging. Asked her if it was ok to call her Maggie, she looked like a Maggie. She seemed ok with that. So me and Maggie get to the clinic, one of the techs helps carry her in so I don't have to hurt her. Vet checks for microchip, tattoo, nothing. He checks her over and then he just stops and looks at me and shakes his head. Too far gone he says, broken bones, chunks of hide missing, infected sores, probable internal injurys and she's old and half starved. I nod, ok I'll stay with her. He goes to get the tech. I held her until she was gone, stroked her old head, told her she was a good girl. That tail kept on wagging. It was not my job to be there, someone she loved should have been with her. But thats ok because I won't forget her, and she didn't die alone and forgotten in a drainage ditch.
Rest now sweet Maggie and if no one else wants you, wait for me at the bridge. I would be honored to walk with you.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2