GO!

What would you have done?

This is the place for pups to exchange ideas and information about a variety of dog-related topics. Don't furget that there are many great resources on Dogster such as Dogster Answers and Dogster Blogs!

Hucky and- Ringo

Barked: Mon Jan 30, '12 8:27am PST 
Last night @ 2am Ringo went out through the doggy door and started barking in the yard. I called him in and locked the door. I then realized he was barking at the pup across the street. At 4 in the morning the pup was still outside barking and jumping on the neighbors door to go inside. It was COLD and snowing and the pup is only about 6 to 9 months old (Lab mix ). I got dressed and walked across the street at 4am and knocked ( banged) on the neighbors door.My neighbor down the road bought the house and his 19-20yr old lives in it with a friend. I apoligized for waking them up and told them that this pup needs to be inside. The kid says "Oh, I'm sorry, I let her out and forgot to bring her back in".I would have brought her in my house but I don't think my boys would have liked that too much. Do you think I did the right thing or should I have minded my own business and pray that the pup didn't freeze to death?
[notify]
Scruffy- (R.I.P.)

In Loving Memory

Barked: Mon Jan 30, '12 9:07am PST 
I think you did the right thing, but if this keep happening I reccomend reporting them to animal control.
[notify]
Sumo

Lady's Man

Barked: Mon Jan 30, '12 9:57am PST 
applauseway to go Yes...definately the right thing.
[notify]

Luke

I came, I saw, I- chewed.

Barked: Mon Jan 30, '12 10:50am PST 
Good for you! The German Shepherd across the street is constantly locked out and roaming around but no one in the house seems to care. I feel bad for him on those cold days but he bolts when you get 2 houses away from him.
[notify]
Hucky and- Ringo

Barked: Mon Jan 30, '12 11:04am PST 
We live in a very secluded area. There's my house, the house across the street and a house in back of me. Every other house is 2 acres or more away. The main road is about 1/2 mile away so it's not unusual for people to let their dogs run loose.I for one don't. Most of them stay on or very near to their property. But Slug ( that's her name ) is just a baby. My conscience wouldn't let me go back to sleep knowing that she was out there in the cold for 2 hours already that I knew of and probably would be the rest of the night until 1 of the kids got up in the morning.
[notify]