GO!

what about "Guests" on dogster?

This is the place for pups to exchange ideas and information about a variety of dog-related topics. Don't furget that there are many great resources on Dogster such as Dogster Answers and Dogster Blogs!

Adam

Vaccine free- -Disease free- goes pawinpaw

Barked: Tue Dec 13, '11 9:04am PST 
I wasn't sure where to post about this so I came here. There seems like an increase of Guest posts on dogster. I thought to be a Guest means you don't own a dog yet but these guests all have dogs. So what's up with Guests does that mean they just aren't going to stay on dogster long?
[notify]
Kay

Agent Kay

Barked: Tue Dec 13, '11 2:48pm PST 
I had a huge problem with my dogs' photos being used all over the place. You need to post a photo of a dog, that belongs to you or that you have permission to share, in order to have a "real" account, that isn't Guest.

Some people aren't comfortable with posting photos of their dogs, but want to abide by the rules, so instead of reluctantly posting a photo of their dog, or using a photo of somebdoy elses, they just ask for Guest privileges.

Some of them are just trolls out from the bridge, and can't back their story up with photos of their dog, which more than likely doesn't exist.
[notify]
Adam

Vaccine free- -Disease free- goes pawinpaw

Barked: Tue Dec 13, '11 6:50pm PST 
"Some people aren't comfortable with posting photos of their dogs, but want to abide by the rules"

That's like me! I didn't know anyone else felt that waylaugh out loud
That's why I posted a picture of my dog at such a distance. I don't want to take a chance that anyone would misuse it and since it's not a big deal just put up that pic.
[notify]

Isaac - ADOPTABLE!

Adopt me! I want- a forever home!

Barked: Tue Dec 13, '11 9:09pm PST 
As hard as it is to believe, some folks still don't have digital cameras! laugh out loud

Or, like me, their laptop busted and don't have the funds to buy a new one so they go to a library or use someones elses computer and may not have permission to put photos on it. (my sisters laptop doesn't have a slot for my camera card!)

There's any number of reasons.
[notify]
Savannah- Blue Belle

A Heart of Gold!

Barked: Thu Dec 15, '11 1:50pm PST 
I started as a guest before I got Savvy. I think a lot of people anticipating the arrival of a pup join up ahead of time. But...I did post a picture after she was born.

Probably some do come on as trolls. I always suspect (and maybe wrongly) those who come on with "a vast amount of knowledge and experience" just to blow hot air.

Like those who claim to be breeders of champions, but won't give out a kennel name. Why would anyone do that? Maybe there IS a good reason, but I can't think of it.
[notify]