GO!

Registering your dog.

This is the place for pups to exchange ideas and information about a variety of dog-related topics. Don't furget that there are many great resources on Dogster such as Dogster Answers and Dogster Blogs!

Nietzsche

Little N

Barked: Thu Dec 8, '11 10:56am PST 
I adopted my dog back in October from a rescue and was told I would be emailed all of his papers stating where and when he got all of his shots and where he was neutered so I could register him. Well I've never received them even after e-mailing multiple times. I do have his rabies tags but I know I need the papers for his shots as well. I'd like to take him to the dog part but I can't without registering him, what should I do?? Should I just wait until next time when I take him to get updated shots or what?

By the way I'm new here and a college student, my friends all make fun of me for being part of a dog forum but I feel like a new mommy so I don't even care smile
[notify]
Tyson

Ball?! Did- someone say- BALL?!!!!!

Barked: Thu Dec 8, '11 12:55pm PST 
I don't behave nicely when I'm ignored, particularly when it involves healthcare or my finances. If it were me, I would be either calling the place daily or go there in person. It is easy to ignore an email. It is a lot harder to ignore a person standing in front of you or a ringing telephone. Due to this, I have gotten my hubby's credit cleared when we were purchasing our house in 6 weeks. I was told afterward that it is almost unheard of for that to happen. I did it by calling daily. I was never rude just persistent.
[notify]
Nietzsche

Little N

Barked: Thu Dec 8, '11 1:34pm PST 
See the only problem is that the rescue is pretty much just run on fosters so they don't have an office. I have tried calling the lady who had fostered him and was helping me with everything. I'll keep calling and hopefully everything will be sorted out, I'm thinking maybe she's not taking me seriously because I'm younger (I'm only 20) but who knows. Thank you!
[notify]

Bella and- Daisy CGC

I'm a Meanie

Barked: Thu Dec 8, '11 4:11pm PST 
Sadly, this dos happen with some rescues. They might not even have the paperwork anymore. It's actually more common than you think.

You might end up having to do the shots yourself if you want proof.

Don't give up yet! Just know the papers might not be forthcoming.
[notify]
Squ'mey

too old to eat- any more KD

Barked: Fri Dec 9, '11 5:24pm PST 
Could you possibly supply the phone number of the rescue when you go to register? You can explain the situation & say you really want to comply with the requirements, but can't get the info. Or better yet, the name/number of the vet who gave the shots?
Don't worry about your friends. Stick with Dogster & you will be amazed at the knowledge & support heresmile
[notify]
Nietzsche

Little N

Barked: Fri Dec 9, '11 5:27pm PST 
I did some research and found the number for the vet he was taking to and they faxed me all the info smile Yay!
[notify]