GO!

China is dangerous to your Pet's health!

This is the place for pups to exchange ideas and information about a variety of dog-related topics. Don't furget that there are many great resources on Dogster such as Dogster Answers and Dogster Blogs!

Princess- Baby Girl~In- Memory

What can I do- for you?

Barked: Wed Nov 30, '11 6:00am PST 
I could not believe the topic of potentially lethal chicken treats on Dogster today. How many of these incidents does it take for people to realize ANYTHING from CHINA is potentially dangerous for your pet!!! I do not normally visit the pet store chains as they do not usually provide high quality treats I use but I was at one for something else last week. I decided to look at treats since my kids were waiting patiently in the car. I looked at the chicken treats. MADE IN CHINA and crossed that off my list. After a bit more searching I found MADE IN USA chicken treats. More expensive, sure, more healthful obviously. And I would rather pay a bit more to support our country and have my kids be safe than be cheap and buy something that could cost hundreds of dollars in vet bills or even kill my kids! How about you?

Edited by author Sun Dec 4, '11 7:49am PST

[notify]
Kc

Ain't nothing- but a hound dog.

Barked: Sat Dec 3, '11 2:40pm PST 
I agree! I would rather spend 30 bucks on 12 treats from USA than spend 12 bucks on 30 treats if they were dangerous. I also like to make my own treats.
[notify]
Isaac - ADOPTABLE!

Adopt me! I want- a forever home!

Barked: Sun Dec 4, '11 12:23pm PST 
In general I agree with you. Certain things made in China are not safe for your dogs. However, blatantly stating that everything that comes out of China is dangerous is over reacting. There have been foods made here in the good 'ol USA that have been dangerous as well. If you wanted to be extra safe, do what many dogsters do and make your own treats, it's much safer and much cheaper.
[notify]