GO!

Dog Clothing - Kind of a Rant

This is the place for pups to exchange ideas and information about a variety of dog-related topics. Don't furget that there are many great resources on Dogster such as Dogster Answers and Dogster Blogs!

Grunt CGC

WWGD or What- Would Grunt Do?

Barked: Fri Nov 25, '11 3:53pm PST 
So I bought this orange camo sweatshirt for Darcy. It's long enough from the next and tail. That is until we start walking. Then the sweatshirt starts to move down her neck. It's way too tight on her chest and looks to be holding her front legs back. Geez! I wish I could sew. I would figure out her measurements and sew her a sweatshirt, without a hood - that has no purposes and will fit her correctly!
I bought Grunt a fleece pullover - love it, except he's not fat so I have to sew the belly up. Funny thing about Grunt - he's growing so fast he went from a XL to a XXL in 3 weeks! thinkingshock
[notify]
MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Sat Nov 26, '11 10:02am PST 
Hand sewing isnt that hard but if you can sew a straight stitch on a machine it will be even faster. Try removing the hood, just cut it off since it has no use anyway and get a wider piece of canvas or other fabric trim sew the part where you removed the hood into a strip like pocket and insert the fabric trim as a drawstring to keep the sweatshirt in place. You could also look for someone local who does alterations and probably have them do it for a reasonable price. Best of luck on fixing the problem. That's one thing I never have to deal with. I end up having to turn on ceiling fans to cool rooms in the winter because the pups are too hot!
[notify]
Blaze - Adopted

Uh, Hello! :)

Barked: Sat Nov 26, '11 4:24pm PST 
I've actually printed out a pattern, it's like 4 pieces. I'm determined to make something for the kids that will fit them. Plus if I don't screw it up too bad I can take credit for it. If they look horrible I say hubby made them! big laughlaugh out loudbig laughlaugh out loud
[notify]

Grunt CGC

Barked: Sat Nov 26, '11 5:36pm PST 
Oops I clicked Blaze and not Grunt - MY BAD! silenced
[notify]
MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Sun Nov 27, '11 9:20am PST 
I'm sure you'll do fine. I'm just getting back to using my sewing machine again after many years. When we still lived in the house my daughter now has we had a house full of people always. As most people here take stray dogs and cats in I took in young adult people who had nowhere to go. One was my oldest stepsons ex-girlfriend and our step grandaughter. During their stay with us stuff of mine kept getting moved without my consent or knowledge and my sewing machine owners manual was never found. I had it on the old computer but hubby refused to print it out.Computer crashed. Finally got the new computer,found the manual online and got it printed and bound the same day. Hubby found out how difficult it is to keep running back and forth from what you are doing to consult the manual while he was doing some other thing with his truck. The owners manual he made me is much nicer than the original and he even laminated every page!!! Best of luck with your project.
[notify]
Bella and- Daisy CGC

I'm a Meanie

Barked: Mon Nov 28, '11 9:01am PST 
You know my mom bought Bella a couple coats. One is Fleece and velcro adjustable-so it's easy to make it fit.

I don't live in the "cold" weather but Bella has no cold tolerance. She starts shivering when the temp goes under 65.
[notify]
Grunt CGC

Barked: Wed Nov 30, '11 4:08pm PST 
B&D I really don't like the velcro for up here. It gets so stinking cold and when they run I'm afraid they'll pull the velcro apart and have flaps in the wind! laugh out loud I had a coat custom made for Turner - but it doesn't fit Grunt - he's way too big already! thinking I did find some polartec coats with zippers on the side...thinking I'm going to give them a try. Meanwhile I bought 3 yards of fabric to try my luck with... we'll see! thinking
[notify]