GO!

Not sure were to post this...

This is the place for pups to exchange ideas and information about a variety of dog-related topics. Don't furget that there are many great resources on Dogster such as Dogster Answers and Dogster Blogs!

Sally Beaker-

Professional- Bone Horder

Barked: Mon Jan 31, '11 6:20pm PST 
I didn't think it would be right to post this in memorials and I wasn't sure were to post it.

I work at a doggy daycare here in Grand Forks. Working here you meet so many dogs. And we do have our regulars that come for boarding/grooming/daycare. Some come very regularly for boarding and will stay for a week or so at a time. And today, one of our very special, well loved regulars passed away. He was a 7 year Airedale Terrier named Harry. The whole staff loved this big guy. He was so sweet and well mannered. It was hard not to love him. Working at a place like this it's hard not to get attached to the regulars that you see on a daily/monthly/weekly basis. It's hard to think that he won't be coming to stay with us anymore. When my co-worker told me today I teared up. He wasn't my dog but I knew him, took care of him and loved him.
If you've ever worked in a shelter or doggy daycare, I'm sure you can relate to this.
Safe travels to the Rainbow Bridge Harry!
[notify]
Donovan'sMajesticJet of Solace

Street sweeper!

Barked: Sat Feb 5, '11 6:40am PST 
RIP, Harry. I understand how you feel. I could never work in shelter because I too, would get attached to the animals, so, thank you for the work you do with them.hughug
[notify]
Murphy

Why run when you- can hop??!!

Barked: Sat Feb 5, '11 2:55pm PST 
Iam so sorry, he sounded like a wonderful boy. hugRest In Peace Harryhug

And I do feel your pain, I volunteer at a local no-kill animal shelter & can get pretty attached to some of the shelter babies. It is hard to see them off, especially the long timers, but knowing they are going to great homes helps. The hardest is when we have to put a dog/cat down for health complications or severe behavioral issues, it doesn't happen often but when it does....it can be hard. These furbabies just steal your heart so easily, you know?

wisheshug
[notify]