GO!

Obviously pitbulls right.. annoyingly dumb people

This is the place for pups to exchange ideas and information about a variety of dog-related topics. Don't furget that there are many great resources on Dogster such as Dogster Answers and Dogster Blogs!

Morgana

THROW THE BALL- THROW THE BALL

Barked: Tue Nov 9, '10 8:49pm PST 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1HtCnSjheU
http://www.youtube.com/w atch?v=7eNGKZZBZnU&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

I have been told that because I can lift either of my dogs off the ground like this that they are obviously part pitbull and I am obviously training to fight. Nither is true.
[notify]
Makaveli PSDIT

I Can Has Lovin'- Nao?

Barked: Tue Nov 9, '10 10:57pm PST 
Well then, according to the people that told you that, Mak is a Pit Bull too laugh out loud. People like that only feed into the BSL crap. They think all Pitties are dangerous etc. and it's so sad. Don't let them get you down because they don't sound too informed on much of anything, lol.

these behaviors are attributed to prey drive. Some dog's have more than others, depends on the dog's breed and what the dog was bred for. The first clip with the JRT was a prime example. Due to what JRT's were originally bred for, which was the purpose of hunting foxes, JRT's tend to have a lot of prey drive.

My dog does this, just about any prey driven dog does this. If you have ever watched wolves hunting, wolves know that large prey can be dangerous so they get the prey to flee (thus being behind the prey and less visible) once they manage to catch the prey, they bite and HANG ON because the prey is still mobile, and they shake their heads from side to side to better help take down the prey.

Here's a neat natgeo clip showing just that: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jXxtQRy47A
[notify]
Morgana

THROW THE BALL- THROW THE BALL

Barked: Wed Nov 10, '10 7:35am PST 
Actually my JRT has little to no prey drive... Unless we are playing. She was raised around ferrets so she seems to think small and fluffy = ferret. She is terrified of cats. But throw a ball or get out that fur and she goes Jack Russelly... The Shih Tzu cross thing has more energy and more prey drive but still its not alot compared to other dogs. We just play tug.... and I do lift them off the ground it doesnt hurt them, and they seem to enjoy it.....
[notify]

Daddy

Changing one- mind at a time - APBT style

Barked: Sun Nov 21, '10 12:48pm PST 
I know a Corgi then who's the most vicious "Pit Bull" ever. You can lift and hold that dog holding onto a toy for a long time and most times she won't let go. These people went out and bought from a reputable show breeder, got the dog spayed as part of the pet contract; somehow I doubt they're training her to fight.

Some people are just completely ignorant and paranoid.

Edited by author Sun Nov 21, '10 12:50pm PST

[notify]
Holly - CGC TDI

Squirrel?- Squrirrel!- SQUIRRELLLLL!!!!

Barked: Fri Nov 26, '10 11:38pm PST 
These people just haven't done their research. If your dogs are fighting dogs, than Holly's a man-killer! Those people just don't know what an amazing dog they're missing out on.
[notify]
Baxter

Bad Baxter Brown- is what they- call me!

Barked: Sun Dec 5, '10 8:50am PST 
I use to do this with my Boston when he was young. He loved it. It was good exercise. I use to twirl him around me and the neighbors would be amazed how he would hang on.
I wouldn't listen to ppl, who are judgemental like that.
I love playing tug o war with my dogs they love it.
Bridget pulls me down she is so big. And I can swing Dieta around too and she feels like she is flying.
[notify]
Zoe 2000 - 2009

Playing in piles- of snow and- dirty socks

Barked: Fri Dec 31, '10 2:12pm PST 
Oh boy. Zoe would hold on so well I could actually swing her in a circle. Looks like I had a rare long-coated, long-nosed, sable colored pitbull!
[notify]
Saya

I want to play!

Barked: Sat Jan 1, '11 7:48am PST 
LOL Saya holds on her tug toys hard sometimes where I can lift her she must be shiba inu/pit mix.. lol

I know someone with a shiba inu who was raised with ferrets and he thinks squirrels are ferrets so he play bows at them instead of chasing. laugh out loud

Saya actually chased a bunny once and play bowed at it.
[notify]