GO!

Can dogs see Pink???

This is the place for pups to exchange ideas and information about a variety of dog-related topics. Don't furget that there are many great resources on Dogster such as Dogster Answers and Dogster Blogs!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Noid

Naked Noid

Barked: Sat Jul 2, '05 9:46am PST 
My mommy was at the pet store the other day and her friend there said that dogs cant see pink. Mommy always thought dogs didn't see colours just shades od grey, but then when we go to a store and I get to pick a toy I always go for the pink one. My very favorite toy is a squeeky pink piggy, mommy is a bit confused now!
[notify]
Snowy

A Doggie Scholar

Barked: Sat Jul 2, '05 9:48am PST 
Aren't we just full of surprises..?
[notify]
Cindy (at- the Rainbow- Bridge)

Bark with your- mouth full

Barked: Sat Jul 2, '05 10:13am PST 
I always went for green toys, which surprised everyone in my family, because dogs aren't supposed to see color. So who knows.
[notify]

Boomer

Good Boy

Barked: Sat Jul 2, '05 10:22am PST 
We're not supposed to be able to see red, so not sure about pink!
[notify]
Odie

Odie - Chase me!!!

Barked: Sat Jul 2, '05 10:31am PST 
Hmmm... My favourite toy is a pink piggy. I go for bright colours, too. I think dogs see colours but they cannot see all the tones that we see. Then again, that's based on my observations only, nothing scientific.
[notify]
Keiko- (4/8/98-12/5- /12)

Queen fuddy- duddy

Barked: Sat Jul 2, '05 10:57am PST 
Yes, studies now show that dogs can see in color, but not the shade of red. I guess that means they can't drive.

Like Odie, I don't think they can see as vibrant of colors as humans can, but they can pick out different colors.
[notify]
Noid

Naked Noid

Barked: Sat Jul 2, '05 11:16am PST 
Thanks everyone, I guess it really doesn't matter just as long as our humans keep getting us toys smile
[notify]
Odie

Odie - Chase me!!!

Barked: Sat Jul 2, '05 11:16am PST 
Hey Noid! I just noticed the piggy in your pic. It's the same as mine! Do you use it as a pillow, too? I do.
[notify]
Taz - In Loving- Memory

For Little- Bit - DIE CANCER DIE-

Barked: Sat Jul 2, '05 11:34am PST 
I wanna' piggy...it's cute. Mom, buy me a piggy...oh yeah..PLEASE!
[notify]
Noid

Naked Noid

Barked: Sat Jul 2, '05 11:53am PST 
The piggy is my bestest friend right after mommy and I sleep on it and it goes everywhere with me, sometimes I try to sneak it outside. I got to pick it out when we went to Petcetera out of lots of different toys. I LOVE my piggy!
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2