GO!

frozen treats RECIPES?

This is the place for pups to exchange ideas and information about a variety of dog-related topics. Don't furget that there are many great resources on Dogster such as Dogster Answers and Dogster Blogs!

Pluto

CHEDDER- iz - beTTER

Barked: Tue Jun 14, '05 10:56am PST 
i would like to make a frozen treat for pluto but i dont know where to start.

please post your recipes here pluto appreciates it
[notify]
Marlowe CGC

Monk the Hunk

Barked: Tue Jun 14, '05 12:04pm PST 
Homemade Frosty Paws
32 oz plain yogurt
1 mashed banana (or 1 lg jar of babyfood)
2 tbsp honey
2 tbsp peanut butter
1tbsp carob powder
mix all ingedients togeather thouroughly and spoon into ice cube trays, After they freeze, put them in a ziplock bag and store in freezer
Usually fills 2 trays.
You can get carob powder at a health food store......must be carob, NO CHOCOLATE
[notify]
Cleo

Wanna play?

Barked: Tue Jun 14, '05 12:46pm PST 
My Mom's recipe is pretty much the same as Marlowe's, except she doesn't use carob. Sometimes she puts little bits of granola or cheerios in there for us too. YUM!
[notify]

Marlowe CGC

Monk the Hunk

Barked: Tue Jun 14, '05 2:38pm PST 
Cleo, your mom's sound good...I love carob that's why my mom makes it that way. I think the best way to make them is to use ingredients your dog likes. I bet there are alot of variations..........let's hear them.
[notify]
Raven...In memory 1998 - 2005

Taken to soon

Barked: Tue Jun 14, '05 5:42pm PST 
Snowy had a wonderful idea for a frozen treat on a Forum somewhere just a few days ago....
"chicken broth ice cubes" or "popsicles"...
That is definatly worth a try......I dont know of to many dogs that dont like chicken.
[notify]
Harley

Harley the- Destroyer

Barked: Tue Jun 14, '05 7:16pm PST 
Harley is totally mental for those Frosty Paws. I made them for the first time today and she went totally nuts for 'em. Diesel did, too. Excellent recipe, Marlowe...I'm gonna try it with granola next time.
[notify]
Taz - In Loving- Memory

For Little- Bit - DIE CANCER DIE-

Barked: Tue Jun 14, '05 7:37pm PST 
Thanks Marlowe! I'm gonna have Mom make some for me!
[notify]
Marlowe CGC

Monk the Hunk

Barked: Tue Jun 14, '05 8:55pm PST 
Glad you like them, now mom has to make me some, haven't had them in a while. I think I want to try the granola too.
[notify]
Pluto

CHEDDER- iz - beTTER

Barked: Wed Jun 15, '05 10:29am PST 
oh thank u marlowe i bet pluto will enjoy it, any other recipes?
[notify]