GO!

I Finally Did It!

This is the place for pups to exchange ideas and information about a variety of dog-related topics. Don't furget that there are many great resources on Dogster such as Dogster Answers and Dogster Blogs!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Basil

Boogle!

Barked: Tue Jun 14, '05 8:59am PST 
I learned how to roll over last night! Mommy and I have been working on this one for weeks now, but somehow I got it within twenty minutes when she brought out the snacks! So, after you're done treating me and patting me on the head, tell me all about the special tricks YOU know how to do and which ones are your favorites!!
[notify]
Rosalita Lola "Rosie"

Love is never- being told you'- naughty!

Barked: Tue Jun 14, '05 9:12am PST 
You are clever Basil, I left you a bone! I can't do any tricks yet! :>(
[notify]
Avalanche

Pardon my- mud-mask

Barked: Tue Jun 14, '05 10:01am PST 
Aw, Basil, you are the best! Rolling over looks cool!

My owners would be overjoyed if I finally learned to be *completely* housebroken.
[notify]

Morgan

The Mighty- Labradorus--Rarr- !

Barked: Tue Jun 14, '05 10:14am PST 
Way to go!

I learned Sit, Down, Speak, and Roll Over really quickly. I'm still not great at always coming when I'm called.. mom hasn't done a lot of working with me just lately on that though so it's her fault.

I know to go and sit by the mat when mom brings me my food... mom likes to see that even though I'm excited I can remember what I'm supposed to do smile

We're working on "sit up" now, but I am still not totally strong enough for it yet.
[notify]
Basil

Boogle!

Barked: Tue Jun 14, '05 10:17am PST 
Thanks guys! MMMMMM....bones.

Rosie, tricks are very subjective. When you start to learn them, think of them as a way to smuggle treats! I mean, come on, who could resist giving you a treat when you come up to them and roll over for no reason!!!

Avalanche, I'm sure you'll get it one of these days, and when you do us Dogsters want to have a BIG party for you. I'll bring the greenies.
[notify]
Basil

Boogle!

Barked: Tue Jun 14, '05 10:29am PST 
Aww, Morgan. You're too cute.

Bones x10.
[notify]
Macy

Drama Queen

Barked: Tue Jun 14, '05 10:39am PST 
Congrats Basil. I left you a bone smile
My Aunt Beth wants to teach me how to roll over - since she's come to stay with us she's helped me become great at catch. I can grab my blue bone right out of the air now.
[notify]
Kaiya

Foxy Lady

Barked: Tue Jun 14, '05 10:47am PST 
Yay Basil! My Julie says this is great, she's never been able to convince a dog that "roll over" is a good way to get a treat.

As for my own tricks...I (usually) respond when I'm told to sit, in both Korean and English. That's pretty good, right?? I've only been living with Julie for about two weeks though, so she hasn't been able to teach me much. She did say she's going to teach me how to find her keys though, so she doesn't have to run around the house singing "Keys, keys, where are my keys," every morning.
[notify]
Keiko- (4/8/98-12/5- /12)

Queen fuddy- duddy

Barked: Tue Jun 14, '05 11:46am PST 
Good for you Basil!! My mommy has been trying to teach me to roll over for about 5 yrs. to no avail. However, she did teach me to speak, shake both paws, lay down, crawl, beg, dance, and I just finished learning to turn around. I can do all of these either by voice or hand commands.

Gunther I don't think will be able to roll over. He's shaped too oblong. But he can sit, shake both paws, lay down, crawl, and recently learned to turn around. We are working on beg, but since he's so heavy, I don't know if he will ever be able to do it right.
[notify]
Marlowe CGC

Monk the Hunk

Barked: Tue Jun 14, '05 11:52am PST 
Alright Basil, what a smart guy you are! I don't do many tricks....I slap high and slap low and mom is trying to teach me to bow, sometimes I do and sometimes I lay down. I never did like the rollover, so she gave up.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2