GO!

Major Potty Problem

This is the place for pups to exchange ideas and information about a variety of dog-related topics. Don't furget that there are many great resources on Dogster such as Dogster Answers and Dogster Blogs!

Dolly

Doxie By- Association

Barked: Mon Jun 13, '05 1:04pm PST 
Ok, so, my boss has a problem. Her son is trying to sell their house. His dogs liked to use the basement as their bathroom quite frequently. It is an unfinished concrete floor. They've cleaned it several times, but still can't get the ammonia "pee" smell to go away. Any suggestions?
[notify]
Cheyenne- Moon

Live, love and- play

Barked: Mon Jun 13, '05 1:08pm PST 
Try soaking the floor with Natures Miracle, you can get it at any pet store. The smell will usually get much worse while it's doing it's work.
[notify]
Keiko- (4/8/98-12/5- /12)

Queen fuddy- duddy

Barked: Mon Jun 13, '05 1:22pm PST 
Since it's a concrete floor, have they tried bleaching it? I'm not sure how well Nature's Miracle would work on concrete. If there are windows in the basement, open them to help air it out as well.
[notify]

Shakespeare

Bringin' Sexy- Back!

Barked: Mon Jun 13, '05 1:56pm PST 
in the future to prevent this problem teach the dogs to do their business outside. All parties involved benefit.
[notify]
Snowy

A Doggie Scholar

Barked: Mon Jun 13, '05 7:43pm PST 
Concrete is considered porous, so it might be pretty impossible to get the smell out.
[notify]
Rosalita Lola "Rosie"

Love is never- being told you'- naughty!

Barked: Tue Jun 14, '05 7:03am PST 
My mummy can't believed that they left it after the dogs peed and didn't try to clean it up then. It must have smelled terrible down in the basement!
[notify]