GO!

For Poops sake!

This is the place for pups to exchange ideas and information about a variety of dog-related topics. Don't furget that there are many great resources on Dogster such as Dogster Answers and Dogster Blogs!

Indiana- Jones

Car?! Did you- say car?!

Barked: Sun Jun 12, '05 1:02pm PST 
So I was outside yesterday chilling with my buddy Chico (a 150lb. Rotti) and my Mom was talking to his Mom. They had to go inside and we went so I could do my business. A guy was walking a beagle. We had seen him months ago. He was walking his dog, he picks up after it and then throws the plastic bag down into the sewer grate. My Mom and I were outside while my Dad and his Brother in law were coming back from going to the store. You could see him do it plain as day. He did look around a little and then he tossed it in. Anyway......yesterday after me and the Beagle talk for a few min, my Mommy takes me back towards our place. We watch him continue on and the beagle does his business on the lawn and they walk away! He didn't even pretend to pick it up. The guy is from Hungry and has a heavy accent. I doubt he doesn't know better. I just think he doesn't care. He's an older guy. Maybe 65yrs or so. We saw him again today, but we went the other direction since he was staring at us a little too much. WEIRDO! He could get reported to the association if my Mom tells on him. Should she? He's already done 2 offenses in front of us. One with the littering and two with not picking up after his dog. We live in a nice condo/townhome area. I don't like seeing these things. What would your parents do?
[notify]
Lucy

Beautiful- Bassador!

Barked: Sun Jun 12, '05 2:26pm PST 
I think your mom or dad should talk to the man in a nice way about the situation and why it bothers them. If it continues then I would try talk to someone about it.
[notify]
Sara

Got Bread?

Barked: Sun Jun 12, '05 2:43pm PST 
Whenever I see this, I ask the person 'did you forget a bag? If so I can go get you one' - usually that does the trick - and if you're quick enough, have a bag on you to give to him.
[notify]

Snowy

A Doggie Scholar

Barked: Sun Jun 12, '05 3:53pm PST 
Indiana Jones, if he's a foreign guy, then it is possible that he is unaware of pick up/littering policies. Many of my mommie's relatives live and reside abroad, and her relatives (especially the older relatives) find it amusing that all these strict rules about leashing, vaccination, and picking up exists. I think it might be better to assume that the man does not know any better, and then approach him kindly and explain the situation, rather than being blunt with him. Also, I wouldn't hurt to inform him that littering in the gutter is not the proper way to dispose the bag.

It's good to hear that you've found a culprit at least! My mommie often sees random dog poos around where she lives, and she has no idea whose dog(s) they belong to.
[notify]
Shakespeare

Bringin' Sexy- Back!

Barked: Sun Jun 12, '05 4:01pm PST 
Hm, Just because he's hungarian doesn't mean he's not aware of the rules. If he lives in a nice condo area that most likely means that he's been here for at least a year (gotta save up some money to buy condo) And yes, even though people from other countries don't have the same laws for dogs like we do here, you become aware of them ratehr quickly.

I think you should just offer him the baggie for the poop. That way you're not directly confronting him, and being helpful even. That won't cause u a conflict and could as well solve your problem.
[notify]
Indiana- Jones

Car?! Did you- say car?!

Barked: Sun Jun 12, '05 5:45pm PST 
Thanks pups! I like the idea of offering the bag. It didn't dawn on me. Plus I was kinda spying on him from behind the bushes. I wanted to see if he would do or not do anything and my instincts were right. I think he had a bag with him today although I didn't approach him to chat. If I see him again, I will do whatever fits the situation. In a nice way of course ; )
[notify]
AJ (5/25/98 - 7/27/09)

Barked: Sun Jun 12, '05 8:47pm PST 
I.Jones..
You said you live in a condo/townhome area with an "association", so I'm assuming that the association was formed to handle disputes, etc.
I would report the poop problem to the association and let them handle it (the problem, not the poop). If you feel uncomfortable with the man, his "staring at you", then it's best to leave it up to those who are capable of taking care of the problem.

Also, if he walks in your vicinity often, then if you let the association deal with the man, you won't have to be concerned of any confrontations if you happen to meet him again.
[notify]
Shakespeare

Bringin' Sexy- Back!

Barked: Sun Jun 12, '05 8:52pm PST 
I live in a development with an "association" that's supposed to be handling neighbor problems. And I hope yours is not like mine where all they would do in this situation is send out a flyer.
[notify]
Mac

Mac the horrible- hound

Barked: Sun Jun 12, '05 8:56pm PST 
what my mommy does is when she is out walking me and sees someone that didnt clean up after his dog, she says so the guy can hear: "oh look mac, that man just walked on by and didnt even bother to pick up his dogs mess! how to you think the people that owns the lawn is gonna feel? people like that shoildnt have a dog" its kinda rude but mom dont care!
[notify]