GO!

I really want a dog

This is the place for pups to exchange ideas and information about a variety of dog-related topics. Don't furget that there are many great resources on Dogster such as Dogster Answers and Dogster Blogs!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

Barked: Fri Jun 10, '05 8:19am PST 
My dad is allergic to fur but do you know how I could maybe get a dog? Because I LOVE DOGS SO SO SO MUCH (and I would be willing to do work to get one like clean up after there business)
[notify]
Basil

Boogle!

Barked: Fri Jun 10, '05 8:41am PST 
Get something that doesn't shed, like a poodle or miniature poodle. If you don't want a purebred dog, get one of the new hypoallergenic mixed breeds (labradoodle = labrador retriever and poodle, goldendoodle = golden retriever and poodle, etc., etc.). Many people who are allergic to animal dander have had great luck with these dogs.
[notify]
"Rusty the Terrible"

Annandale,VA

Barked: Fri Jun 10, '05 8:45am PST 
Rhodesian Ridgebacks are not shedders as well.
[notify]

Marlowe CGC

Monk the Hunk

Barked: Fri Jun 10, '05 9:10am PST 
Some others that are considered hypoallergenic are Bishon Frise, Irish Terrier, Chihauhau, Portugese Water Dog and Schnauzers. Your dad should go and be by any dog first, his allergies may still act up with one of these breeds. I have asthma and own a Vizsla and a Basenji. Both shed very little. Vizsla's are wonderful loving dogs and easily trained. Basenji's are a much more aloof, not easily trained and may not be a good choice for a first dog. Consider the size of dog you want and how much time and exercise you can give them before choosing any breed. Find good breeders in your area and talk to them, they are much more qualified to answer your questions.
[notify]
Xena

lets cuddle!

Barked: Fri Jun 10, '05 5:54pm PST 
people who have asthma should get a chihuahua because they have a special oil running down their backs that helps people with asthma. people in my family have asthma and xena helps them so much with it.
[notify]
Snowy

A Doggie Scholar

Barked: Fri Jun 10, '05 7:54pm PST 
Chihuahua sheds...

My mommie allergic to pets but she's not allergic to me!!! smile

Poodles dont' shed. We have very very little dander (allergen).
[notify]
Noid

Naked Noid

Barked: Fri Jun 10, '05 9:19pm PST 
Ever consider a naked dog??? I don't shed at all, he he. sometimes you can even find a very reasonable priced dog from a chinese crested rescue site! Good luck with your search.
[notify]
Noid

Naked Noid

Barked: Fri Jun 10, '05 9:21pm PST 
Ever consider a naked dog??? I don't shed at all, he he. sometimes you can even find a very reasonable priced dog from a chinese crested rescue site! Good luck with your search.
[notify]
Marlowe CGC

Monk the Hunk

Barked: Sat Jun 11, '05 8:09am PST 
Noid, forgot about you guys......you're just too cute!!
[notify]
sammy

born to annoy

Barked: Sat Jun 11, '05 8:13am PST 
Chihuahuas hardly have any fur
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2