GO!

Who Watched A Surgery

This is the place for pups to exchange ideas and information about a variety of dog-related topics. Don't furget that there are many great resources on Dogster such as Dogster Answers and Dogster Blogs!

♥Stitch♥

I love my mom.

Barked: Fri Jun 3, '05 6:43pm PST 
Anyone's parents ever watch or assist in their surgery? Mom was my nurse when I got spayed. She held me as I went to sleep and was holding me as I woke up. She knew I would be hers the first time she seen me.
[notify]
Tootsie (1989-2005)♥

I sure love- treats. How bout- a bone???

Barked: Fri Jun 3, '05 6:46pm PST 
My mom was my nurse when I had my knee surgery. She also done a few dentals on me. She couldn't extract my abcessed tooth the last time I had a dental. She said it was not loose and she would feel bad. She had the doctor do it.
[notify]
Lily

Tough Runt

Barked: Fri Jun 3, '05 8:48pm PST 
Mom talking:
I go in and watch doggie, kitty, and other surgeries all the time! I am going to school to be a vet, so I have to have lots of "shadowing" hours! I got to see lily's spay, and also her urine bacteria on a microscope (I already mentioned that in my thread about lily's spay). But, anyways, I have seen dozens of spays and neuters, and also a lot of the longer, and more difficult surgeries. I also ave seen tapeworm and roundworm eggs on a microscope! SOOOO FUN!
[notify]

Laddie

Laddie the- brave and- wonderful - westie

Barked: Sat Jun 4, '05 11:10am PST 
How lucky you could have your mum around... mine would faint , she cant stand it when one of us is sick ..and the sight of blood shes out for the count lol
[notify]
Prince

(July 1989 -- August 2005)

Barked: Sat Jun 4, '05 1:21pm PST 
Yeah, my mom use to be a kennel assistant at a veterinarian's office. She couldn't assist in surgeries, but she watched all the time. She watched me get my teeth cleaned once.
[notify]
Keiko- (4/8/98-12/5- /12)

Queen fuddy- duddy

Barked: Sat Jun 4, '05 2:17pm PST 
I haven't watched my own dog's surgeries, but I've seen plenty of spays, neuters, and dentals. Not to mention the more interesting orthopedic surgeries, edoscopies, emergency C-sections, necropsies, and cancer removal. Not only on cats and dogs, but birds, hampsters (believe it or not, someone payed for a very expensive surgery on one), monkeys, snow leopards, mountain goats, and other exotics.
[notify]
Keiko- (4/8/98-12/5- /12)

Queen fuddy- duddy

Barked: Sat Jun 4, '05 5:30pm PST 
And I looooved every minute of it!!! Surgeries are awesome!!
[notify]