GO!

Question on the growth rate of my dog

This is the place for pups to exchange ideas and information about a variety of dog-related topics. Don't furget that there are many great resources on Dogster such as Dogster Answers and Dogster Blogs!

Indiana- Jones

Car?! Did you- say car?!

Barked: Fri Jun 3, '05 3:48pm PST 
My JRT is 9 months old. He seems shorter then other JRT's I have come across. When does he stop growing? Can I expect any signifigant growth after 9 months? He is not an English (shortie) RT. He was sold as a standard JRT. Thanks
[notify]
Buddy

Bundle of energy

Barked: Fri Jun 3, '05 5:48pm PST 
This sounds a little short, but my book tells me that Russels should be around 9" at the shoulder.....but that there is actually no precise standard?....and weighing around 10 lbs.
Smaller dog breeds are normally full grown by 1 year old.
[notify]
Keiko- (4/8/98-12/5- /12)

Queen fuddy- duddy

Barked: Fri Jun 3, '05 6:33pm PST 
His legs do seem a bit short comapared with his body size. It could be that he has the "shortie" genes. I'm not positive, but I believe they could be passed from regular, "tall" parents. Not much growth happens after 9 months, especially in small breeds.

Either way, he's still a cutie.
[notify]

Indiana- Jones

Car?! Did you- say car?!

Barked: Fri Jun 3, '05 7:35pm PST 
I was wondering about "shortie" genes. He's a great companion. We love him no matter what, but I was under different impressions as we looked more deeply into the breed......Thanks
[notify]
Lily

Tough Runt

Barked: Fri Jun 3, '05 8:45pm PST 
Dogs continue to grow until they are about 1 1/2 years old.... so you have a while to go until you is technically "full grown".
Also, if your pup is a runt, that also makes a difference! Runts are not only smaller, but grow much slower! LIKE ME!
[notify]
Indiana- Jones

Car?! Did you- say car?!

Barked: Fri Jun 3, '05 9:28pm PST 
Ok Lily, I think that sounds logical. Thanks!

I don't know if I was a runt, but I do know I feel like a giant!!
[notify]