GO!

Who gets custody?

This is the place for pups to exchange ideas and information about a variety of dog-related topics. Don't furget that there are many great resources on Dogster such as Dogster Answers and Dogster Blogs!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Snowy

A Doggie Scholar

Barked: Sun May 29, '05 4:51am PST 
Before I came around, mommie and daddie would watch those TV Court shows and make fun of people who would fight over the custody of their pets. Now that they have me, I think they can see why a break up or a divorce can boil to a nasty battle over who gets to keep the pooch.

I'm not saying that my mommie and daddie (or your parents for that matter) are gonna break up soon, but if it did happen, what do you think will happen? Will your mommie and daddie fight over you, or are you already a clear favorite of someone?

My mommie and daddie thinks they will definately fight over me. They're not sure if it will lead to an ugly court battle, but mommie says she will fight "tooth and nail" if she has to. I think my mommie will win in the end, because she usually wins big battles. smile
[notify]
Lucy

Beautiful- Bassador!

Barked: Sun May 29, '05 6:37am PST 
My mommy and daddy would fight over me for sure! But, mommy would win cuz she has grandma on her side and she usually does most of the work like walking me and stuff. But I don't think mommy and daddy would ever divorce cuz it would hurt their fur babies too much and not to mention they love each other.
[notify]
Lucy

Beautiful- Bassador!

Barked: Sun May 29, '05 6:39am PST 
Oh yeah I forgot to mention, mommy has custody right now cuz daddy couldn't take me to Iraq with him(he's in the Army). I tried to sneak into his bag when he was packing but he said I had to stay with mommy. I love them both but I hate when daddy HAS to leave.
[notify]

Sir Maximus

Mama's Boy!

Barked: Sun May 29, '05 11:48am PST 
Oh gosh that's a toughy. Mom and Dad love all three of us so much...we don't have an answer for that one, but we do know where we would go if something happened to mommy and daddy. Mommy likes to make sure that everything would be taken care of and so everyone involved is in the loop. I (Max) would go to my Aunt Amanda, Jasmine would go to live with Grandpa Lovett, and Phoebe would live with Grandma Hooyenga. But of course we would all get together to play since we'd miss each other. smile
[notify]
Sentry

SPAY YOUR PET!

Barked: Sun May 29, '05 2:00pm PST 
With my first dog, there was a bit of custody battle, bc I got her for him for his birthday, but he was a terrrible dad(he started working 12 hr shifts). So I took her back and cared for her myself (although he saw her everday, we lived in the same apt. bulding) but when we broke up and he moved out of the building, he would come in my house (we used to never lock the doors) and take her for long walks without telling me, so I would freak out when I came home. Eventually I moved out of town and so it all stopped.
But with Luther the dog I have now, i had him a few months before i had my now husband, so I don't think there would be a custody battle, unless it was my mother in law axking for custody, she loveshim and spoils him so much! We recently moved and she can't see him everyday, so when she calls she asks how Luther (thedog) is doing before she asks about us!
[notify]
Shakespeare

Bringin' Sexy- Back!

Barked: Sun May 29, '05 11:46pm PST 
oh this is such a depressing thread!!!!!!
I am my mommy's dog and only my mommy's dog. But I think my mommy and her parents will fight over me when she moves out cuz they love me very very much too!
[notify]
Snowy

A Doggie Scholar

Barked: Mon May 30, '05 12:45am PST 
Oops.. Shakespeare, I didn't mean it to sound depressing. It was more of a thing that started from me wondering.. "I know mommie and daddie loves me a lot, but I wonder how far they will go to have me.." My apologies....
[notify]
Shakespeare

Bringin' Sexy- Back!

Barked: Mon May 30, '05 9:52am PST 
Oh handsome little Snowy, I know I know smile

Thankin about that kinda stuff makes my little head hurt. I would be so sad if my family wasn't around all the time!
[notify]
Laddie

Laddie the- brave and- wonderful - westie

Barked: Mon May 30, '05 12:05pm PST 
My Mum would fight tooth and nail for us whatever that means...well I am a dog ......
But her and my dad will never divorce.... they would have done so by now ..... 25 years lol...
Altho sometimes my mum yells at him hehe.
[notify]
Keiko- (4/8/98-12/5- /12)

Queen fuddy- duddy

Barked: Mon May 30, '05 12:48pm PST 
Well, since my mom had me for two years before even meeting my dad, let alone marrying him, I would go with her. Even though my dad keeps trying to say I am his dog.

Same goes for my brother, Gunther. He was totally my mom's idea to get and she paid for him. She also does all the walks, trips to the vet, buys the doggie supplies, and training of both of us. So I don't think there could really be much discussion as to who we would go with.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2