GO!

bulldogge looks like a boxer?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Barked: Tue Apr 17, '12 12:25pm PST 
i recently adopted a 4 month old female olde english bulldogge from a family out of town. they bought her from a breeder. i have her papers so i can register her. but my question is if she's suppose to be an olde english bulldogge why does she look so much like a boxer??? she doesn't have as much of a bully face as others i see. so far i have heard people say boxer, boston terrier even thought she is now 5 mos and about 35 lbs, and even pit bull??? it is depressing because people are afraid she is going to eat their dogs or they just kind of keep away. pitt bulls are also not allowed in town, and pitt mixes also maybe, and i do not want to run into any issues. if i knew how to upload pictures i would, i want you all to see her, someone want to tell me how? very new here.
[notify]

Barked: Thu Jul 12, '12 8:01am PST 
Many of them as puppies might "look" like boxers for a little while, esp. if they have a white stripe down their nose like my little guy does. I find that people who know a little more about bulldogs are less likely to make that mistake. Don't worry though, the more they grow the more you'll see bully and not boxer. By the time they hit 1-2 years there won't be much mistaking them. smile
[notify]

Barked: Wed May 1, '13 12:24pm PST 
Sometimes people try to tell me my boy looks like a pitbull. They obviously have no idea what a pitbull or an olde english bulldogge looks like. But some of the OEB's I've seen do have the Boxer kind of look to them. It all depends on the bloodline. Some lines are shorter and stockier than others. Some are taller and leaner and have a little bit longer snout like the Boxers. By the time they are fully grown and filled out they shouldn't look like a Boxer anymore.
[notify]