GO!

Leaving my 10 wk old alone!! please advise :(

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Barked: Thu Jan 19, '12 7:05pm PST 
Greetings to all.
I have a 10 week old toy schnauzer. I have a dilemma. My husband will be working a 24 hr shift and I will be away for an interview.
So my puppy who is semi house trained (sometimes misses the pad) will be alone from 7am to 10am the next morning.
He doesnt have all his shots. cant send him to daycare (cant afford it either)
I have NO ONE to watch him. Now, I let him run around his room and if he misses the pad, I dont mind. If I leave enough food and water for him, will he be OK ALONE??? Will leaving his toys, many bowls of food and water be enough for a 24 hours period?
Please advise
Thanks
[notify]
Zoe

The- Schnauzinator

Barked: Fri Mar 9, '12 6:28pm PST 
Well, it looks like you really don't have any other optionthinking I think that so long as the room doesn't have anything dangerous in it -and there's food and water- there shouldn't be too much of a problem. Has he been left at home alone for long periods before? Because if he's not used to being alone for awhile there's a chance it might traumatize him. just a warning. But like i said, you apparently don't have any other options, so just hope for the best. Sleep on his crate blanket or whatever the night before you leave so he can have something with your scent on it while your gone. After this, there will probably be a lapse in the house training, though. Oh, as a side note, make sure you use newspaper instead of lined plastic for his pee pads, because if he decides to chew it, it's better for him to eat paper than plastic.
[notify]