GO!

weight

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Gibson

Little Ball of- Fury!

Barked: Sat May 30, '09 3:23pm PST 
i was wondering how much is normal for a 3 month old miniature schnauzer to weigh. we went to the vet and Gibson weighs 8 pounds! i was expecting him to be a little smaller since full grown is like 10 to 12 pounds right? he doesn't seem fat, i mean his tummy is round but i can see his waistline i'm pretty sure. i can also feel his ribs pretty good... but since he has long hair around his ribs, i don't know if i can see them with the naked eye. i walk him pretty much everyday, and he usually runs around my backyard a few times a day. also i feed him three times a day, moistened food that usually amounts to 1.5 cups. that is what the vet told me to do, as well as the puppy food's suggestion.
[notify]
Chewy

Schnauzer Wowzer

Barked: Sat May 30, '09 5:12pm PST 
Chewy was about 8 pounds at 3 months. Chewy ended up a little taller than most mini's are supposed to be at 14.5 inches in height (Mini Schanuzers are normally between 12-14 inches tall and between 10-15 pounds in weight).
[notify]
Gibson

Little Ball of- Fury!

Barked: Sun May 31, '09 1:43pm PST 
thanks! at least i know he's on the right track smile
[notify]