GO!

Need some insight on some interesting puppy behavior

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Earl Grey

What is that, I- donno but I'll- find out

Barked: Wed Apr 22, '09 11:01pm PST 
So earl has been home for almost a week, and he has had his good days and bad days with potty training, trying to get him to use a dog litter box (i know weird concept but it kinda works) anyways his accidents inside have been at a minimum mostly because I am alternating between indoor and outdoor potty spots.

Anyways for the unusual behavior when he happens to go #2 my girlfriend and I have caught him trying to turn it into an "all natural" snack. I assumed he was just hungry and I was not feeding him enough but he has been eating quite well!
[notify]
Uschi

Can I fit my- head through- that?

Barked: Mon Apr 27, '09 8:06am PST 
Is he eating it when he does it inside or outside? Because if he's doint the eating of the waste inside it may be because he thinks he's helping you clean up that way. What might help is keeping his litterbox in a room he will only go into when he needs to relieve himself, that way he won't think that he's making a mess in his den, so to speak.

Another possibility may be the food he's getting. Sometimes ceritan dog foods don't get totally digested and come out smelling as good as they do going in. I think adding a bit of pineapple works to make things smell more unattractive, but that would be something to ask about on the food forum. Schnauzers tend to be quite sensitive when it comes to food, so I don't want to be giving you advice that works for all dogs except schnauzers.
[notify]
Earl Grey

What is that, I- donno but I'll- find out

Barked: Mon May 4, '09 3:37pm PST 
well i think he learned his lesson, his tummy did not like taking in which it just expelled and he threw it all up he now will sniff his poopy and walk away, glad he learned his lesson
[notify]