GO!

Where do you start a search for a new puppy?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Casey- 1996-2009

Casey-The- Perfect Dog

Barked: Sun Mar 15, '09 2:02pm PST 
Life just isn't the same without our Casey. Our home feels so empty. I still look for her in every room. It is time to buy a puppy, another miniature schnauzer without a doubt. I can find no schnauzer breeders on Long Island, NY and I don't want to buy a pet shop dog and support puppy mills. Where do I go? I looked online and found mail order puppies and that just doesn't seem like the way to find your next best friend.
Any suggestions?
[notify]
Chewy

Schnauzer Wowzer

Barked: Wed Mar 18, '09 6:04pm PST 
Petfinder.com is a great resource. If you can't find a Mini Schnauzer near you, contact your local rescues and let them know what you are looking for. Many will let you know if they find what you want.

Many dogs that are sold on those puppy websites are from puppywills and BYB that have gone high-tech. Please don't support them! Good Luck on your search!
big grin
[notify]
Abigail- (Abby)

Social/Therapy- Dog

Barked: Wed Jun 3, '09 11:34am PST 
Hey...

Check out American miniature schnauzer club for breeder. Be careful though when my family was looking for our dog. We found this wonderful site but it was a miniature schnauzer puppy mill. I say network around with people to make sure your get the best of the best.

-Abby
[notify]