GO!

Tug of War

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Prince

Barked: Mon May 19, '08 1:34pm PST 
Hi all. My dog likes to play tug of war with my pants anytime I get up to walk around the house. He is almost three months old. I played tug of war for a few days with him with a tug toy when I first got him but stopped when I heard that it makes them aggressive. He doesn't seem to want to stop playing though. Any ideas on how to get him to stop?
[notify]
Uschi

Can I fit my- head through- that?

Barked: Tue May 20, '08 5:46pm PST 
I've never had a game of tug of war turn into anything more than a game. As long as you let your dog know there are limits playing tugging games should be fine. It might even help if you got him a tug toy though, redirect his attention from you to the toy. I play tug of war with my little Uschi monster and she's never become aggressive about it.

Edited by author Tue May 20, '08 5:48pm PST

[notify]