GO!

shall i get a schnauzer??

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

molly

wiggle- wiggle- bum!!

Barked: Sun Dec 30, '07 12:54pm PST 
hi, i was just wondering if anyone could give me information on the miniature schnauzer breed.

i have a 1 yr old westie (as you can see!!) we are thinking about getting her a friend. she is extremely fussy with other dogs , but absolutly loves schnauzers...especially the miniature ones because they are on her level!! im not quite sure what it is about the breed.

i would need to get a male so any information about the breed, what to look out for and their behaviour and training would be great!!

thankyou !
[notify]
Mazie Louise- Pauldine

Barked: Thu Jan 3, '08 10:42am PST 
I am very loyal to my family (especially my mommy) and great with little kids - who come to my house to see if I can come out into the yard and play. At first I am a little noisy around a new dog - but once I get to know you, we can run & play all day long.

My mommy says: I would only recommend that you have time to devote to the two dogs equally - since mini schnauzers do like attention and will be quick to "act out" if they are feeling neglected.
[notify]
Kiki

Jugar, jugar,- correr,- brincar...- dormir.

Barked: Fri Feb 15, '08 10:49pm PST 
Schnauzers are all about extremes, the good ones.

Extremely loyal.
Extremely affectionate.
Extremely playful.

They are excellent with children they know, and the same goes with dogs.
They are good watchdogs, really easy to train, and very intelligent.

Most concerns about schnauzers arise when they deal with bigger breed, but becouse you have a westy, im quite sure they will play all day long.
[notify]

Turk

Kisses are the- best

Barked: Mon Feb 18, '08 11:38am PST 
Mom researched my breed for a year and then spent another 6 months looking for the right pup. When she finally settled on me the breeder was happy, they had been talking about mom at the shows knowing mom would be a great owner. I'm good with cats, dogs, kids but being only 8 weeks old there is a lot to do! Mom says she would have gotten a westie if she could have found one to her liking close to her. Make sure you can love us both a lot as I am a hog for attention. I am a terrier and therefore just as stubborn as the westie. We should have lots of fun as the Westie's natural clown ways will make my trouble making ideas very interesting. I am a bit more serious as a breed then the Westie but just as stubborn and just as smart. Westie's and Schanuzers do compliment each other so have fun with us and watch your plates!
[notify]
Holly

All4 One and One- 4 All

Barked: Mon Mar 3, '08 3:54pm PST 
Hello:

This is Holly,
I am an adopted (from a kill shelter) for over 8 months now in my new home, My momma is my best buddy, along with my new daddy and little sister, we are going to have a baby in the home soon and I am excited.. snoopy

I also have a mate Buddy, who is a standard schnauzer, and he is not great with boys or strangers, he is a rescue also!! He is in love with momma also.. In fact he sleeps (like a pillow for her big and growing belly, he is the support!!)

Momma said that I am alright,
She loves that I am cute, and for my ear, sticks up on one side, and that I never bark, I love people and kids, I never run off, and I love to play with my purse that says "sweetheart I love you!"

Momma so hates that I love to eat papers, or rather chew them up!! But she still loves me, and I try not to do that all that much!! Try is the word!!

She said tha Buddy is great at protecting and she feels safe with him, cause daddy works real late, and I keep hearing mom say something about being a rape suvior on another site, answers from yahoo?

She said the only thing she is not fond of from my Boy is he is not friendly at all, and that she is working on with him!!

How ever I love my new home, I get lots of love and special treats, homade ones!! So

I say to make a friend and do like momma rescue a Mini Schnauer if you get one, for every doggie needs a home and I have one now!!

God Bless!!
[notify]