GO!

Advice needed!!

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Radar - Aug. 2005 - Sept. 2007

Barked: Wed Sep 12, '07 9:32am PST 
I recently adopted Radar, a schnauzer. He was listed as a Giant mix, but he's about 47 lbs. so I think he is more of a Standard.

Here's my dilema. He is drinking water by the tons and peeing like a flood. I was afraid he may have a UTI (urinary tract infection), so the vet has him on 10 days of antibiotics. He also had a slight amount of blood in his urine and (the part that scares me) a low specific gravity.

We are going on week 2 of the meds, and no sign of improvements. Still drinking / peeing like crazy. So now I'm getting afraid he might have early renal failure or Diabetes Insipidus.

We will have to see what his urine shows next week at the vet. Hopefully it's just a UTI..but I'm having doubts.

Anyone have experience with this...renal failure or Diabetes Insipidus??

Thanks.
[notify]
Callye Angel- Stone

I rule the yard

Barked: Thu Sep 20, '07 11:46am PST 
I know a schnauzer that was just like that She had kindey stones. She had to have sur. Good luck.
[notify]
Greta Grace

Arrrooo!

Barked: Mon Sep 24, '07 6:21pm PST 
I'm sorry Radar's condition could not be fixed...He's grateful for the love you gave him.

Edited by author Mon Sep 24, '07 6:23pm PST

[notify]

Duke

Mr. Personality- Plus

Barked: Tue Sep 25, '07 2:59pm PST 
Hi, I hope he doesn't have any diabetes. He is very young and seems to drink sooo much water. I think the vet has probably said no sugar at all right? Good luck and I hope all goes well. Hugs, Duke
[notify]