GO!

Blood in urine

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Miss- Izzabelle- Satterfield

Never sleep when- you can eat!

Barked: Sat Mar 31, '07 7:05pm PST 
I was just wondering if anyone has had experience with blood in a mini's urine with no stones. Mz Izz has been on Clavamox for three weeks now, with blood still showing up. Any thoughts?thinking
[notify]
Kiki

If princess aint- happy aint- nobody happy

Barked: Mon Apr 2, '07 5:51pm PST 
We think that the best thing to do is to ask your vet ASAP, that sounds very scary.... From our understanding, blood in #1's or #2's is certainly not a good thing.
[notify]
Georgie

Where's the- squirrel?

Barked: Wed Apr 4, '07 6:59pm PST 
Hi Mizz Izzabelle - no experience with dogs in this matter but if it is not clearing up with antibiotics after 3 weeks, I would want to get more information. If the vet doesn't check it out further, I would consult with another vet for a 2nd opinion.
[notify]

RIZZY

RIZZY,- RIZARONI,PUNKIN,- LITTLE MAN

Barked: Tue Apr 10, '07 6:44am PST 
HELLO MISS IZZY, MY NAME IS RIZZY, AND GUESS WHAT I AM HAVING THE SAME EXACT PROBLEM AS YOU. I TOO HAVE BEEN ON CLAVAMOX FOR 4 DAYS NOW AND THIS BLOOD HAS REALLY CLEARED UP, STILL HAVING ACCIDENTS AND TROUBLE PEEING. MY VET SAID IF I HAVE'NT GOTTEN OVER IT IN 2 WEEKS TO RETURN FOR MORE TESTS. MIGHT BE THE ROUTE YOU WANT TO TAKE JUST TO BE ON THE SAFE SIDE. hug
[notify]

Barked: Tue Apr 10, '07 1:39pm PST 
I've finished my second round of Clavamox. My vet wants another urine sample in one week. I'm not having any symptoms, and he's already done an x-ray for stones. So, I'll let you all know in a week. Thanks for all the advice and well wishes.
[notify]

Barked: Tue Apr 10, '07 1:43pm PST 
Rizzy, you may want to ask for an x-ray. Our first schnauzer, Muffy, had blood in her urine and after treating her with antibiotics, the vet finally did an x-ray only to find stones! This time we got smart and requested an x-ray up front. The antibiotics were still probably necessary for any infection, but what the poor thing really needed was an operation to clean out the stones.
[notify]

Barked: Mon Apr 23, '07 3:04pm PST 
I just wanted everyone to know that I am all better. The blood in my urine is all cleared up, and I'm feeling great. No blood, no stones. Life is back to normal. cheer
[notify]
Kiki

Jugar, jugar,- correr,- brincar...- dormir.

Barked: Mon Apr 23, '07 8:04pm PST 
If it isnt neither stones nor an infection it could be some kind of sand, (Is the beginning of stones) If it the case, a surgery wouldnt be necesary, just make him drink tons of water.
[notify]