GO!

Dental problems

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Duke

With the Angels~- 7/19/96-7/10/09

Barked: Fri Mar 16, '07 10:46am PST 
Darn, only a few days in my new house and mom's already setting up a dentistry for me frown. That's terrible!

She called for an appointment yesterday and I am going in on Monday. I guess it's not a moment too soon though. Today I snapped at one of my siblings and when my mouth hit him, it knocked my tooth looser than it already was, so that it was dangling. Mom had to pull it out the rest of the way, which left a nice big bleeding hole in my gums. The rest of the teeth are really gross too and my breath is stinky. At least my mouth will feel better after this.

I spoke with Roswell and he told me that mom likes to do all sorts of mean medical experiments on us pups... Things like heartworm tests, dentals, and bloodwork and xrays when we're sick. And it's starting already... Oh no!! Help!! What have I gotten myself into?!
[notify]

Barked: Sat Mar 17, '07 1:11pm PST 
If the bad breath is not caused by dental problems it is caused by the food. My two (2) schnauzers 4 and 2 years old have perfectly clean teeth. I give them Porky Puffs. When they chew them the combination of saliva and the teeth piercing the Porky Puff keeps all of the teeth perfectly clean. I get them at www.AHealthyPetFood.com and I only give them one (1) a week, after they finish it their breath smells like they have been eating smoked bacon. Good Luck
[notify]
Sydney angel

I am so smart!

Barked: Mon Mar 26, '07 5:53pm PST 
Mom sent me to the vet dentist after she adopted me too, I was prolly about Duke's age. They said my teethers were really bad, and a few of em even fell right out with no prodding and poking. A year and a half later I had to get another dental, and I lost several more teethers. I think I may have half of mine left. I need another dental, but I also have heart disease so it's too risky for me to go under. Mom tries to brush my teeth, but I really hate that so I gum her as best I can. It's not so bad tho, I eat the best food in the house, it's soft and mushy and real meat!! snoopy My younger siblings gotta eat boring kibble, nyah nyah!
[notify]

Duke

With the Angels~- 7/19/96-7/10/09

Barked: Tue Mar 27, '07 12:15am PST 
The dental went fine for me. I had to have 2 teeth pulled that were really loose. Most of the other teeth had a lot of root exposure and gum recession, but they were pretty well anchored, so they got to stay. My mouth feels a lot better now smile. The pus at my gum line was really grossing my mom out...
[notify]
Georgie

Where's the- squirrel?

Barked: Thu Mar 29, '07 12:34am PST 
Glad it went well Duke! You're going to feel so much better. And it'll be easier to eat treats now...hehehe
[notify]
Jessie

Dog Breath - Less Enjoyed in- Moderation

Barked: Tue May 1, '07 1:45pm PST 
Hello there! I had dental work done just over a week ago. They cleaned the plaque of my teeth and cleaned them well, althought the pulled out four teeth. However, they were loose anyways and hurt when I bit into my food. My breath smells better, and I'm already healed. The difference will satisfy you, and make you a happier dog. It doesn't take too long either. Don't worry, you'll be up and barkin' in no time!

In case you're wondering what happened before, I had stinky breath, I had lost a couple teeth and there were icky brown spots on my canine teeth. Now, I have a pearly white smile and minty (well close enough) fresh breath. My cousin Lucky had some dental work done a couple years ago too, and his breath was pawsome!
[notify]
Elsa

I am Daddy's- princess

Barked: Thu Aug 16, '07 12:44pm PST 
We Miniature Schnauzers are prone to periodontal disease. Ask Mommy or Daddy to brush your teeth for you. Nice dental chews are good to keep the plaque off too. Biscuts work, but dental chews with baking soda in them work better.

Woof! dog

Elsa
[notify]
♥Muff- in♥

Don't eat me I'm- too cute!

Barked: Sun Sep 9, '07 11:43am PST 
I haven't been to the doggy dentist!Tell me weres they are!Oh and answer my poll!Its How many time do you take your mini shnauzer to the doggy salon?
[notify]
Hallelujah- Praise- God"Halle"

Schnauzers Are- Special!

Barked: Sun Apr 6, '08 8:00pm PST 
Honey dog, sweetie Schnauzer. There is a great product your parents can buy after you get your teefies cleaned. It is called Petzlife dental gel and it is a natural gel or spray mom dabs on your tooth or lips, lick it and don't drink any water for 30 min. 2xs a day. good fore' ya go nite nite. In 30 days removes a lot of tarter no Dr. no going to sleep for a while. And not expensive. If teefies clean, use a few times a month to keep clean. Can buy from a pet supply co. Pm me for details. Not sure I can say here. My Mom sells it to her clients....she is a professional groomer. Don't taste too bad neeether. Mintysmile
[notify]
♥Mirac- le♥

Forever Loved- Never Forgotten - I'm Here

Barked: Sun Apr 20, '08 5:11pm PST 
As some of you know I'm a pound doggie so when my new mommy took me in for a checkup the vet scheduled me right away for teeth work. Seven teeth were removed from my mouth in one day!!! The vet said one fell out as they started working on me. I've forgot, but it looks like nobody ever took me to get my teeth cleaned before. That is something very important. Spike has been lucky...he's only had his teeth cleaned once and he's eight years old.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2