GO!

Finding a groomer

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 14)  
1  2  
Sammy

My ears tell it- all!

Barked: Wed Jul 25, '07 10:42am PST 
When it comes to Grooming Sammy, I recently had a nightmare, they cut off part of his ear!! I was livid, and so was my husband, yes it was an accident, but he was getting groomed at a Vet's office, where I specifically told them to leave his ears long. I was not happy with the short short cut and I will not go back there for grooming. I just trim Sammy with my doggie shears and its alot easier on him and me!
[notify]
Mika MADC,- MJDC,- AG.N.J.,- A.G.

My mom\\\'s- heart dog

Barked: Fri Aug 3, '07 7:07am PST 
First, my mom tried to groom me, but I just wouldn't stay still. It wasn't that I was afraid of the noise of the clippers; it was that I knew I could get away with it! (Now I actually have RULES to follow!)

My mom asked her two friends where they take their dogs. She called both of the grooming places. The first only did 'puppy cuts', not 'Schnauzer cuts'. The second let all the dogs play with each other when they were done being groomed, which my mom didn't like because I'm scared of other dogs.

So, my mom looked around for local groomers on the Internet and found one that specializes in Miniature Schnauzers, who also bred and showed them (now she's stopped both). She called her and asked her tons of questions.

She liked that this groomer only did Schnauzer cuts, not puppy cuts, and that the dogs were put in seperate cages when they were done being groomed.

My mom doesn't suggest going to the closest groomer. If she had done that, she would have gone to the groomer that let the dogs all play with each other, and she never would have been satisfied.

Above all, trust your instincts. Good luck!
[notify]
♥Muff- in♥

Don't eat me I'm- too cute!

Barked: Wed Sep 19, '07 2:45pm PST 
When mommy got me groomed we went to pet smart!Not petco!Beacause they Cut the hair horible!Go to the petsmart next to target and ask for the chineese guy! Look at my page and see how beautiful i look!snoopy eek
[notify]

Jack

Scruffasorus Rex

Barked: Wed Nov 21, '07 10:54am PST 
My mom was not happy with how we were treated at the groomer they were very me to me and my brothers.So she went to school online to learn how to groom us know she cuts are hair it so much easyer.I don't have to go to the groomer were i sit in a kennel all day and some of the dogs there didn't have there shots so i got sick from them.One of the groomers was cutting my friends hair and cut his little willy know he has to wear a diaper.When i go there they never cut it the way my mom wants it.My brother johnnie he's a sheltie the breeder used to groom him and she scared him so bad that it took my mom months to get johnnie to trust her to groom him.Know he will sit on the table with out a noose that awesome.I'm scared of the dryer so my mom made a dryer were i can't here that nose then i'm more calm.Please research your groomer.If they are a good groomer they will always let you see the back of there store.All dogs are kenneled.They will ask you lots of questions.They will give you feed back .If you want even ask if you can sit and watch them groom you dog don't beleive that if your there you dog with misbehave they will probably be more calm.You wouldn't leave you children with a stanger its the same with a groomer.And always remember if you dog act strange after or when you go to the groom please find out why cause some do abuse dogs.And you don't ever want something like that to happen with you baby's.Do lots of reseach or learn to cut them your self it really easy.
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 14)  
1  2