GO!

Backpack weights?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Barked: Wed Apr 3, '13 6:56am PST 
I purchased a backpack for the seven year old male min pin I just adopted. He is still a bundle of energy and although we do anywhere from 6-8 Km (1-1.5 hours) of combined walking and running per day, I want a way to burn a bit more energy for those days when I can't for some reason walk him as much.

He has taken well to the backpack as he is used to wearing coats but I am unsure as to how much weight I should be starting with. He's about 17 pounds so he's a big boy and he is in a great shape/no medical issues.

So my question is what should I be putting in this back pack? What are people using? Is there any way to calculate this based on this weight?

Thank you for your help. Alice
[notify]