GO!

Lump the size of a tennis ball on his back?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Buddy

Barked: Sat Jul 18, '09 11:56am PST 
My Mini Pin was fine this morning when we left to run arons. He is in his pet carrier while we are gone. When we got back home he was crying when we touched him. We discovered that he has a lump the size of a golf ball at the top of his back between his shoulder blades. I said tennis ball and was feeling and it's not as big as I thought it was. It is very painful for him. He has not had any vaccines in a year and he has never been micro chipped. It is Saturday and our vet is already closed til Monday. Anyone have any tips on what this might be?

Edited by author Sat Jul 18, '09 12:01pm PST

[notify]
max

Barked: Sat Jul 18, '09 3:42pm PST 
my guess would be a spider bite. i would call the vet. I believe you can give dogs Benadryl but not sure of the dossage and may also need a antibiotic.
[notify]
Murphy

Barked: Tue Aug 4, '09 11:45am PST 
Did you ever find out what this was? That would be so scary!
[notify]